Yeti Package

Routemaster

Does the switch that controls pump line also turn on the fresh water tank heater? I am not finding how to post this on the Yeti thread.
Seasons Greeting.
Den.

danemayer

Generally there are 2 switches, one for the pump line and the other for all tank heating pads. But there may be a few trailers out there with a single switch. Make sure there's a little water in each tank.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Routemaster

Hi Dan.
Yes there two switches my fresh water is topped up and I leave the galley open all the time, the shower gate valve I have not changed that out yet so cant close that one to keep water in.
This is why was hoping that switch did both to keep the fresh at least warm.
We been the upper teens at night here in Deming NM.
Cheers.
Den.

danemayer

Hi Dan.
Yes there two switches my fresh water is topped up and I leave the galley open all the time, the shower gate valve I have not changed that out yet so cant close that one to keep water in.
This is why was hoping that switch did both to keep the fresh at least warm.
We been the upper teens at night here in Deming NM.
Cheers.
Den.

You don't want to turn on the tank heating pads if the gate valves are open (no water in the tanks). The water in the tank dissipates the heat from the pad. It's possible to burn holes in an empty tank.

If you'll be there for a while, I'd suggest using 3/4" foam board from a big box store to build a miniskirt under the fresh tank. Probably take less than an hour. If you fashion a door and put a ceramic disc heater inside that enclosure, sitting on a piece of wood or brick to keep it out of any water, you'll keep the fresh tank quite warm.

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I have a question pertaining to the Yeti package. Is there some sorta safety that doesn't allow it to turn on if the tanks are empty. My situation is as follows. We just bought a 2020 Landmark Daytona and it has the yeti package, its in the driveway and the tanks are empty and I tried to turn it on and the lights don't come on as if it isn't turning on. We are not plugged into a 50 amp outlet either, I don't know if that matters, I have a 30 Amp breaker in my house devoted to the camper. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

danemayer

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I have a question pertaining to the Yeti package. Is there some sorta safety that doesn't allow it to turn on if the tanks are empty. My situation is as follows. We just bought a 2020 Landmark Daytona and it has the yeti package, its in the driveway and the tanks are empty and I tried to turn it on and the lights don't come on as if it isn't turning on. We are not plugged into a 50 amp outlet either, I don't know if that matters, I have a 30 Amp breaker in my house devoted to the camper. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The Yeti package turns on when you flip the switch(es). The heat tape on the fresh water feed line in the underbelly is probably 12V DC. The tank heating pads are probably 120V AC. But things change and the tank pads can also be operated on 12V DC if set up that way at the factory.

If you turn on the tank heating pads with empty tanks, you may burn a hole or holes in your tank. It's a maybe and could take a while. There's no "safety".

If you tried to turn on the YETI switches and they have LEDs in the switches but the LEDs didn't illuminate there could be several reasons that have nothing to do with the YETI components. You may just have a power problem.

To use your 30 amp receptacle, you must have an adapter to connect your power cord to that receptacle. It's not at all uncommon for those adapters to have problems such that they pass only one of the two power legs. If one power leg is out, you may have selected functions inside the coach lacking power.

Try plugging a known good appliance into various outlets in the living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom to make sure all outlets are getting power. Check the battery level on the KIB panel or on your Levelup Control Panel. If shore power is getting through, the voltage reading will be 13.2 - 13.6 VDC. Check the microwave operation. Try the A/C units.

If half your stuff is out, try a different adapter between your power cord and 30 amp receptacle.

The Yeti package turns on when you flip the switch(es). The heat tape on the fresh water feed line in the underbelly is probably 12V DC. The tank heating pads are probably 120V AC. But things change and the tank pads can also be operated on 12V DC if set up that way at the factory.

If you turn on the tank heating pads with empty tanks, you may burn a hole or holes in your tank. It's a maybe and could take a while. There's no "safety".

If you tried to turn on the YETI switches and they have LEDs in the switches but the LEDs didn't illuminate there could be several reasons that have nothing to do with the YETI components. You may just have a power problem.

To use your 30 amp receptacle, you must have an adapter to connect your power cord to that receptacle. It's not at all uncommon for those adapters to have problems such that they pass only one of the two power legs. If one power leg is out, you may have selected functions inside the coach lacking power.

Try plugging a known good appliance into various outlets in the living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom to make sure all outlets are getting power. Check the battery level on the KIB panel or on your Levelup Control Panel. If shore power is getting through, the voltage reading will be 13.2 - 13.6 VDC. Check the microwave operation. Try the A/C units.

If half your stuff is out, try a different adapter between your power cord and 30 amp receptacle.

Thank you! I will look directly into that tomorrow.

Just purchased a Bighorn 3875FB (used), one grey tank and the fresh water tank were leaking after our first outing started the repair process and sure enough, holes in both tanks under the heating elements. Previous owner must have had it on when the tanks were empty.

danemayer

Just purchased a Bighorn 3875FB (used), one grey tank and the fresh water tank were leaking after our first outing started the repair process and sure enough, holes in both tanks under the heating elements. Previous owner must have had it on when the tanks were empty.

Yep. A little water in the bottom of the tank will dissipate the heat from the YETI tank heating pads. Heating pads left on with empty tanks can burn holes after a while.

Routemaster

Any reason why Heartland has only one switch "Tank Pads" why not to add extra's switch's so as to heat tanks that one has closed such as black and fresh? we on site leave gray's open. Just need to locate the wires.
Den.

danemayer

Any reason why Heartland has only one switch "Tank Pads" why not to add extra's switch's so as to heat tanks that one has closed such as black and fresh? we on site leave gray's open. Just need to locate the wires.
Den.
Extra switches, extra wire, extra time on the manufacturing floor.

If you take down the coroplast, or cut openings under the tanks, you can modify the wiring. But a lot depends on the layout of your tanks, which varies a lot. Also, you might check into how easy it'll be to bring the wires up into the area where you want the switches. That can vary a lot too.

Routemaster

Dan. Your right there, I have not checked to see if all the wires go to the switch yet or might there be a relay somewhere.
Den.

danemayer

Dan. Your right there, I have not checked to see if all the wires go to the switch yet or might there be a relay somewhere.
Den.

Measure the voltage at the switch. If 12-24V DC, there's probably a relay as Heartland uses 120V AC heating pads on most models. I think they might have built some Big Country units that ran on 12V DC. Maybe others. But I think 12V DC is the exception.