x-factor reinforcements ?

mwc

I want to install the Morryde X factor to my 2018 Cyclone 4151. I have a triple axle with the cre 3000 and correct track. Problem is there is a 2 inch white conduit pipe running the entire length where the crossmember would go. I think it has the fuel line from tne generator in it? Has anyone done this instalation on a similar unit?

Attachments

• IMG_20201221_135945405.jpg
    IMG_20201221_135945405.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 88

LBR

I can't imagine them using a 2" PVC pipe for just the genny's gas lines...did you actually measure the pipe, or just "think" it's 2"? Mine was smaller and the X Factor allows room for my PVC and propane line easily.

Gary521

As you may know, there are different X-factors for the Correct track and the non - Correct track/equalizers. The ones for the Correct track hang down 2" below the underbelly but are closer right where they attach to the hanger. The ones for the equalizer also run across the underbelly and leave 2" clearance also. I notice on the Morryde web site that there is a model that hangs down even more. I am not sure if that is a new model or a modification of the existing model. I have attached the Correct track ones but not the equalizer one yet. (waiting for warmer weather).

From your picture, I "think" they will fit. The X-factor for the Correct track attaches to the spring hanger with a metal strip bolted across the spring hanger ( opening for the spring). This attaches to the area right above where the spring hanger is bent to hold the yellow adjuster. That strip is 1-1/8" wide. Can't tell how close the pipe is to the spring hanger. If you have 1-1/8" between the pipe and the spring hanger bends, it will fit.

LBR

I want to install the Morryde X factor to my 2018 Cyclone 4151. I have a triple axle with the cre 3000 and correct track. Problem is there is a 2 inch white conduit pipe running the entire length where the crossmember would go. I think it has the fuel line from tne generator in it? Has anyone done this instalation on a similar unit?
The extreme front and rear X Factors for our 2017 3 axle CY are the model numbers ending in "015". I didn't install the other 2 between them, so am not familiar with their model numbers.

mwc

Its not 2 in pvc but hangs down close to that. Ive attached another pic and a screenshot of what i got from MR. There is not propane running back that far so im sure it has to be the fuel line. Cold as crap and muddy where im camped at the moment or i would crawl under. After the pic do you guys think it will fit?

Attachments

• IMG_20201221_140012952.jpg
    IMG_20201221_140012952.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20201226-135302.jpg
    Screenshot_20201226-135302.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 51

Gary521

Here is a picture with some dimensions. Hope this helps.IMG_6547 (Large).JPG

As far as the -003 part number, I see that she might be confused. The -003 bolts right to the bolt that holds the equalizer. You have to remove the equalizer bolt and add a longer bolt ( which comes in the kit ). The -003 has a totally different attachment to the spring hanger. The -003 will have the same clearance as this version. The Correct Track version is easy to attach as you do not have to remove the spring bolt.

mwc

Here is a picture with some dimensions. Hope this helps.View attachment 65000

As far as the -003 part number, I see that she might be confused. The -003 bolts right to the bolt that holds the equalizer. You have to remove the equalizer bolt and add a longer bolt ( which comes in the kit ). The -003 has a totally different attachment to the spring hanger. The -003 will have the same clearance as this version. The Correct Track version is easy to attach as you do not have to remove the spring bolt.

Hey thanks and yes that picture helped! The conduit rest right up against the spring hanger though so I would still need to move the conduit out to lay in that 2-in drop correct?

LBR

Here is a photo of my rear X Factor depicting the space available for my propane line...hope this helps...
23d3058a5147e341ad2ade93f98eb2c0.jpg

mwc

The conduit does encase the fuel lines. I think I can move it out toward center a bit to clear the supports and run in that drop. Do the non correct track supports have that same drop in them to give me room for that conduit?

Attachments

• IMG_20201227_131151018.jpg
    IMG_20201227_131151018.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 54

Gary521

There is another option for reinforcing the spring hangers. Some people have welded a plate over the open end of the hanger. Some have gone farther and welded and angle iron or square tube across the width of the trailer closing the open end also.

Routemaster

Not to hi jack your thread, but can one you tell me what dimension overhang from the center of your rear wheel to the back end please.
Routemaster