Lippert Auto Level (6 point) will not turn on

Thystra

Hello,

I've been having a problem with the level up jacks and hope someone has a solution / next step.

I left for a 7 month deployment, came back and went to adjust the RV (Big Country 3800 FL)which had settled a bit in the sand. When I went to move the hydraulics, I seem to recall there was an error message and then the system turned off (or I turned it off, because I didn't have time at that point to fuss with it).

Going back to fix the RV, the system won't turn on/energize. I push the on/off switch on the control box in the cargo bay, and nothing. No lights, no LCD, nada.

I've looked at some of the other posts. I've replaced the 20A blade fuse as well as the 50A circuit breaker (continuity verified across the breaker). Water levels in the battery topped up, showing 13.5 volts across the battery.

After all that, the system still does not turn on. Is there another fuse or power source where the control box gets power from? Is there a safety cutout somewhere that I need to reset?

All other 12v systems (lighting etc.) in the bays work fine.

Thanks,

Alan

danemayer

Hi Alan,

Here's a generic block diagram of the levelup system. In the center there's a fuse that power the Controller and Touch Pad. Your actual setup may be different, but this should give you a starting point.

The controller is probably in the front compartment, up high. So there could be a fuse there. Or it could be close to the 12V terminals at the hydraulic pump.

You should also check for 12V at the Trombetta on the pump.

Lippert Level-Up Block Diagram.jpg

Thystra

Dane,

Thanks. I think the 20A blade fuse is the fuse referenced in the diagram. It is attached to the hot bus/battery side of the circuit breakers. There was potential at the pump, and continuity at the circuit breaker.

Tomorrow I'll drop the box in the forward cargo compartment where the control panel is located. It is co-located with a DC light switch that works in the compartment. I'll take some pictures as well.

Thanks,

Alan

centerline

make sure the grounds are good and tight also..... I was working on my trailer and found the screw with several ground wires stacked on it to be loose.... luckily I found it before it lost all continuity, and started causing problems...

david-steph2018

Hello,

I've been having a problem with the level up jacks and hope someone has a solution / next step.

I left for a 7 month deployment, came back and went to adjust the RV (Big Country 3800 FL)which had settled a bit in the sand. When I went to move the hydraulics, I seem to recall there was an error message and then the system turned off (or I turned it off, because I didn't have time at that point to fuss with it).

Going back to fix the RV, the system won't turn on/energize. I push the on/off switch on the control box in the cargo bay, and nothing. No lights, no LCD, nada.

I've looked at some of the other posts. I've replaced the 20A blade fuse as well as the 50A circuit breaker (continuity verified across the breaker). Water levels in the battery topped up, showing 13.5 volts across the battery.

After all that, the system still does not turn on. Is there another fuse or power source where the control box gets power from? Is there a safety cutout somewhere that I need to reset?

All other 12v systems (lighting etc.) in the bays work fine.

Thanks,

Alan

Just assuming you have the same touchscreen as us, yes I know what assuming does. But next to the on/off push button is a tiny reset button. I had to use a small mechanical pencil to push the reset button. But after that our system came back to life. Don't know if this will help but good luck with it.
Also when our touchscreen went dark I could still use the touch pad out on the front of the RV to level and hookup.

Thystra

Well, I found the problem. There was a rat (now deceased) that was running amuck and nibbled on the wiring. The rat severed the Hydraulic control panel wires as well as a phone cord (which I think goes to the inverter?)

2020-12-28 17.41.32.jpg

After making a repair using some push connectors, I got some weird behavior out of the controller, but I did get it to work some. The DC CB was dead, and replacing that got the hydraulics to work via the front rocker switch (extend/retract landing gear) and the kitchen slide (also hydraulic). Trying to get the rest of the jacks to cooperate has been more difficult.

Tonight this is where it left me off after very briefly flashing COMM ERROR then going blank.

2020-12-29 17.43.39.jpg

Any suggestions? I saw on another place that comm error means it can't talk to other components, and possible wiring harness replacement. There doesn't appear to be any damage in the battery/generator compartment. If there is a rear sensor, then I need to find that harness and check it. The rat got under the sink / behind the refrigerator and cut the water line as well.