2017 PI322 Mods

ryan09170

Done a few things to our PI322 over the past couple years:

1. Updated to a full length queen bed - Unscrewed the bed platform and moved it by 6". Still leaves enough room for the bathroom door to fully swing.
  2. Added 2nd AC unit in master bedroom with thermostat - RV is pre-wired including t-stat wires.
  3. Updated headboard outlet to include USB power ports and added another outlet on the other side of the headboard w/ USB.
  4. Outdoor kitchen - filled in countertop channel with silicon to prevent liquids from collecting.
  5. Added a TV in the main cabin, on a removable mount...and also used the same mount outside above the speakers so we can move the TV in/out.
  6. Added a bike rack on top of the pin box to carry 2 bikes. I used a geared 5th wheel hitch so there is no interference with the cab of my truck.
  7. Added a rear bike rack to the bumper to carry the kids 3 bikes.
  8. Added the standard Furrion backup camera - does not work too well, lots of dropped frames at speed.
  9. Added Maxxair vent covers (x3).
  10. Cleaned up the wiring behind the luggage compartment barrier - not a lot of pride in putting these things together, it was a mess!!
  11. Its not on the camper, but I installed a 50A post, city water and a tap to the sewer on the back of my house...just in case I get kicked out :).

If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me - I am more than willing to share pics (now that my warranty ran out).

I am thinking about running an antenna line from the camera to near the front of the camper so that the backup camera video is stable - looking for suggestions?

2020-12-30 20_46_01.jpg

Dahillbilly

the Furrion system on our 40' 5er & so far it has worked flawlessly; just make sure the antenna is pointing upward, have second camera inside the garage & it also works great. Not sure why yours would be dropping out.

ryan09170

the Furrion system on our 40' 5er & so far it has worked flawlessly; just make sure the antenna is pointing upward, have second camera inside the garage & it also works great. Not sure why yours would be dropping out.

It seemed to work well for the first season, then we noticed it starting to drop every now and again and it gets worse with increased speed. It’s hard to believe that we’re going faster than wireless! I saw some other folks had similar issues and suggested a bigger antenna. That seemed to give it a little boost, but not enough to keep it on all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk