Dometic AC Documentation / Service 2016 Bighorn 3010RE

I have a 2016 Bighorn 3010RE that is having some airflow issues with the AC units.
I have seen a product, RV Airflow that improves these issues, but it does not appear to be compatible with my rig.
We have the whisper quiet setup which means you cannot access the unit from inside the trailer.

A couple of questions for folks on the forum.

1. Has anyone successfully addressed airflow issues with these whisper quiet systems?
2. Does anyone have access to owners manuals / service manuals for these dometic units?

I cannot find any documentation for my AC units on the web (see attached picture for unit details).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Attachments

• 20201226_135840.jpg
    20201226_135840.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 34

wdk450

The Heartland Owners Forum Library with MANY different equipment manuals can be accessed from any forum page (like this one) by clicking on the "Tools" tab at the top of the page, then selecting the "Heartland Owners Manuals" choice, then through the submenus to the manual you need.

If any members come up with digital versions of manuals that need to be included in the library, please contact Jim B., or one of the posters listed as "moderator".

antny1963

I have a 2016 Bighorn 3010RE that is having some airflow issues with the AC units.
I have seen a product, RV Airflow that improves these issues, but it does not appear to be compatible with my rig.
We have the whisper quiet setup which means you cannot access the unit from inside the trailer.

A couple of questions for folks on the forum.

1. Has anyone successfully addressed airflow issues with these whisper quiet systems?
2. Does anyone have access to owners manuals / service manuals for these dometic units?

I cannot find any documentation for my AC units on the web (see attached picture for unit details).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary
I am having the same issue with my 2020 Bighorn 3300DL. The air blows cold but not all the vents have decent airflow. The manuals online are not helpful and an actual schematic would be better to understand how the A/C connects to the ducts I have seen many videos on improving the airflow on the old style A/C's that come through the ceiling but I cannot access my A/C that way. I emailed Heartland on this issue and I got a snide response from Heartland only saying that it was manufactured to the proper specs. They were not helpful at all.

danemayer

I am having the same issue with my 2020 Bighorn 3300DL. The air blows cold but not all the vents have decent airflow. The manuals online are not helpful and an actual schematic would be better to understand how the A/C connects to the ducts I have seen many videos on improving the airflow on the old style A/C's that come through the ceiling but I cannot access my A/C that way. I emailed Heartland on this issue and I got a snide response from Heartland only saying that it was manufactured to the proper specs. They were not helpful at all.
Most of the newer builds have outflow on one side of the trailer, and returns on the other. The returns have filters. Of course, you don't get any airflow out of the returns.

Can you be more descriptive of your airflow problem?

SLO

I had airflow problems in my 2016 Bighorn 3685RL and I unintentionally solved it. The bathroom had a return air vent but no supply vent so the bathroom would get very warm on hot days. Since the supply and return channels run the full length of the trailer I decided to cut/drill a new hole in the ceiling below the supply channel in the bathroom. I, also, noticed there were 7 return air vents and 5 supply air vents. So I cut another supply hole in the kitchen to equal them out. Now I have 7 supply and 7 return vents. I have plenty of cold air in the bath now, but as a side benefit, air circulation through the whole trailer improved. Don’t ask me why this worked and may not work for your layout, but it worked for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wchapman

Most of the newer builds have outflow on one side of the trailer, and returns on the other. The returns have filters. Of course, you don't get any airflow out of the returns.

we had a 2016 brand new. Never would cool. They said they could take the ceiling down. What a joke. on a new rig!! after a few weeks and all the bs they agreed to get us another rig. LOL higher interest and another 8K.

antny1963

Yes, there is only a "racetrack" style duct work and two returns for each A/C. Some of the vents have decent airflow out of the ducting but not all of them. I am wondering if there is an issue with the plenum just like on the older style systems. I am wondering how I can fix this problem so that I get better airflow out of ALL the vents.

Garypowell

I have a 2013 3010. I discovered that my vents did not seem to be sealed at their ends. When I changed out to LED bulbs every time I dropped a light out cold air would hit me in the face.

took out the outlet at all four ends and closed off the duct after it with that silver heat/ac tape. Flow out of all the ducts improved. The rig cooled better.

the after market thing you are looking at was first made with a soda can cut open and bent to help better direct airflow. It was called the “Tim K” fix. I am sure a moderator can find and post. It did help some but not as much as sealing the ends of the ducts.

I am now on my second set of a/c units and they seem to handle airflow better so no Tim K fix now installed.