Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Garage floor thickness?

  1. Print this Post   #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    USA - AZ
    Posts
    15

    Garage floor thickness?

    I have asked/emailed the factory, asked the dealer and LCI and no responses yet.(been several months) I read somewhere the floor is 1" think plywood.

    Has anyone learned what the thickness of the floor material is?

    Would like to know before I mount a M/C mount in there.

    TIA

  2. Print this Post   #2
    Senior Member LBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    USA - OR
    Posts
    1,307

    Re: Garage floor thickness?

    Don't you have any tie downs mounted in the floor?

  3. Print this Post   #3
    Senior Member centerline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    USA - OR
    Posts
    242

    Re: Garage floor thickness?

    can you access the underside of the floor in that area you are wanting the mount, or is in enclosed in corroplast?..... if you have access, take a small drill bit, 1/16" or less, and drill thru the floor in the proposed area, which you can then measure it with a wire thru the hole.... if the hole is small enough, it will never be noticed and not affect anything if you decide not to go ahead with the install....

    as for the motorcycle mount, a friend of mine built one inch pockets and installed them in the floor, and modified the M/C tire cradle so it had pegs that would sit in these pockets, which made it easily removable when he was hauling his side-by-side, or otherwise didnt need the obstruction in the way...
    Lou and Rochelle
    small dogs, Chico and Charlotte
    2014 Ram 3500 LB-CC 6.7 Cummins
    2011 Heartland BigHorn 3055RL
    2004 Polaris 700 Sportsman
    2005 Polaris 500 Sportsman
    1989 Bayliner 2556
    Land Sailer Cart
    Shortage of Time

  4. Print this Post   #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    USA - AZ
    Posts
    15

    Re: Garage floor thickness?

    Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    Don't you have any tie downs mounted in the floor?
    Yes, but I want to screw the mount to the floor enough to keep it from moving. If its a 1" floor and I use a 3/4" plywood mount, then a 2 1/2 " will be fine as it will only go deep enough to penetrate 3/4". Thats all I need . I don't want to punch a hole in any tanks. I can't see whats there like my last un-insulated RV.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by centerline View Post
    can you access the underside of the floor in that area you are wanting the mount, or is in enclosed in corroplast?..... if you have access, take a small drill bit, 1/16" or less, and drill thru the floor in the proposed area, which you can then measure it with a wire thru the hole.... if the hole is small enough, it will never be noticed and not affect anything if you decide not to go ahead with the install....

    as for the motorcycle mount, a friend of mine built one inch pockets and installed them in the floor, and modified the M/C tire cradle so it had pegs that would sit in these pockets, which made it easily removable when he was hauling his side-by-side, or otherwise didnt need the obstruction in the way...
    No access like my old un-insulated floor. Could see and feel exactly where I was at etc. Want to stick with the mount I have. Can easily uninstall when SxS is going in.

  5. Print this Post   #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    USA - WI
    Posts
    141

    Re: Garage floor thickness?

    I'm using a Condor wheel chock & it's just sitting on the garage floor with a 2x6 8" long between the chock & garage wall. Drive the Ultra Limited up & in; then strap her down using the factory D rings in the floor. Once unloaded, I can put the chock just about anywhere out of the way.
    Robert (aka Dahillbilly) & Mary Morris

    HOC #7012
    2018 Torque 327

    2015 Silverado 3500HD SRW Duramax Allison
    Crew Cab 4x4 Short Box
    B & W Companion Slider 5th Wheel Hitch
    TST-507-FT
    Furrion Rear View Camera
    Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C

    "RUBY" 2012 FLHTK Harley Davidson

    2021 H.C.R. Lake Delton, WI. Reserved
    2020 H.C.R. Lake Delton, WI.
    ​CANCELLED
    2020 Wisconsin Camp-out Lake Delton, WI.

  6. Print this Post   #6
    Senior Member LBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    USA - OR
    Posts
    1,307

    Re: Garage floor thickness?

    Quote Originally Posted by exiledinaz View Post
    Yes, but I want to screw the mount to the floor enough to keep it from moving. If its a 1" floor and I use a 3/4" plywood mount, then a 2 1/2 " will be fine as it will only go deep enough to penetrate 3/4". Thats all I need . I don't want to punch a hole in any tanks. I can't see whats there like my last un-insulated RV.
    Your question was how thick your flooring is. If you have factory hold downs installed, then simply remove one.

    Then take a small diameter wire (like a paper clip) and bend a tiny 90 hook on the end....push it thru a screw hole, hook the bottom of your floor, pinch the wire at floor level, wiggle wire out, and measure length of wire from the 90 bent end that hooked the flooring to your thumb and forefinger. That is the thickness of your floor.

  7. Print this Post   #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    USA - AZ
    Posts
    15

    Re: Garage floor thickness?

    Quote Originally Posted by LBR View Post
    Your question was how thick your flooring is. If you have factory hold downs installed, then simply remove one.

    Then take a small diameter wire (like a paper clip) and bend a tiny 90 hook on the end....push it thru a screw hole, hook the bottom of your floor, pinch the wire at floor level, wiggle wire out, and measure length of wire from the 90 bent end that hooked the flooring to your thumb and forefinger. That is the thickness of your floor.
    Great idea. Thanks.

  8. Print this Post   #8
    Retired porthole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA - DE
    Posts
    10,971

    Re: Garage floor thickness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dahillbilly View Post
    I'm using a Condor wheel chock & it's just sitting on the garage floor with a 2x6 8" long between the chock & garage wall. Drive the Ultra Limited up & in; then strap her down using the factory D rings in the floor. Once unloaded, I can put the chock just about anywhere out of the way.
    I did the same when we had the Cyclone.

    I also added aluminum aircraft bezeled track for tie downs.


    To the OP, it should be 1" and where your exiting tie downs should be over the steel crossmembers, with the sheet metal screws drilling into the crossmember.
    Duane & Debbie with Baylee
    RIP camping buddies Sir Regis, Gungy, my Molly, Misty and Cagney
    2020 F-450 Limited

    Rallies & campouts:
    2009
    - 1
    2010
    - 5
    2011
    - 6
    2012 - 7
    2013 - 8
    2014 - 9
    2015 - 8
    2016 - 8
    2017 - 9
    2018 - 8 so far
    2019 - 8
    2020 - 3
    2021 - who knows........

    Mods
    --- Topic index --- TST TPMS --- SAT TV --- Onan issues --- Hensley TS-3 :-( --- Ramp failure

Similar Threads

  1. Thickness of floor OSB in Bighorn Bathroom?
    By mthompson in forum Bighorn - General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2019, 04:51 PM
  2. Hole In Garage Floor???
    By 74Beeper in forum Razor - General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2017, 08:23 AM
  3. Garage Floor
    By tmax264 in forum Cyclone - Garage
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2011, 07:54 AM
  4. 2009, 2900mk bedroom slideout floor thickness
    By johnf in forum Sundance - Ask The Factory
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 03:49 AM
  5. Rubber Floor in Garage
    By Jett in forum Cyclone - Ask The Factory
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 10:14 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •