B/R slide moves out on own

rcjar

Howdy all,

I have a 2016 Heartland Oakmont, which I just recently upgraded with Lithium Ion batteries and an Inverter/charger. I'm going to be installing solar panels as well, when they come in. The problem is now with the new batteries, the B/R slide moves out about 3", after sitting overnight. I have shut off all power sources, cuttoff the battery switch, so there is virtually no power going anywhere. It has done this 3 straight days, and does it overnight. Any suggestions or anyone have this happen to them?

Thanks

danemayer

Is the bedroom slide hydraulic by any chance? When operated, does the hydraulic pump in the front run?

rcjar

Dan, Yes the slide is hydraulic, and I assume the pump runs because I can open and close them without any problems. I have it parked at a friends house while I'm working on it, and the slide movement must be very slow, because it has opened only a few inches when I go back to it the next day. I close it, and next day , has came out again, and only the B/R slide. And again, all power is off, including new batteries. Gremlins?? lol

Ron

danemayer

You have hydraulic fluid moving. The control valve could be slightly open or you could have a slight leak at the hydraulic ram. There also could be a bit of crud holding the valve slightly open.

Cycle the slide open and closed 3 or 4 times. If crud, it might clear up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dahillbilly

sounds like the pressure is leaking off via the solenoid for that valve. I would check that valve, maybe just open 7 close the slide a few times. Could be foreign material on the valve seat. Good luck

centerline

there are only two ways for the hydraulic cylinder in the slide to be able to move.... either, by pressure building up, or by pressure bleeding off.
it takes a pump, or heat to build up pressure in a hyd cylinder, and only a very small leak (internally or externally) to allow any pressure to escape...

just to be sure that the pump isnt cycling sometimes, I would manually disconnect the power feed going to the pump for troubleshooting purposes and see if it makes any difference... also, one of the "manual" valves on the pump valve body may have worked loose, allowing pressure to escape. these need to be snugged up...

if neither of these ideas fix the problem, its likely either a bad seal in the cylinder, or a faulty spool control in the valve body, which it will take some test tools to find the exact location of the problem, short of just replacing both the cylinder seals and the spool valve....

rcjar

Thanks for the suggestions. I had already checked for leaks, and it had been repaired recently for a hydraulic leak. so I will do some recycling of the slide.

Ron

danemayer

Thanks for the suggestions. I had already checked for leaks, and it had been repaired recently for a hydraulic leak. so I will do some recycling of the slide.

Ron

As it's been worked on recently, use an allen wrench to check that the valves are finger-tight. The valves for the slides are near by or mounted to the hydraulic pump. Sometimes they're accessed by removing a cover panel on the front wall of the pass through basement storage.

rcjar

To all who gave me suggestions about my slide creeping out, thanks. What did the trick was cycling the slides approximately 5 times, and no more creeping out. So, whatever it was causing it, the cycling seemed to fix it.

Thanks, Ron

centerline

To all who gave me suggestions about my slide creeping out, thanks. What did the trick was cycling the slides approximately 5 times, and no more creeping out. So, whatever it was causing it, the cycling seemed to fix it.

Thanks, Ron

it must have gotten an air bubble in the system when it was worked on.... glad you got it working correctly.