Thread: Bed Tilt Not Working

1. Print this Post   #1

Bed Tilt Not Working

Has anyone with a bed tilt system had issues with the system stopping working? We have a new 2021 cyclone 4006 we got last summer. Weíve had issues from the start getting the slide to move in and out once we lift the bed. We have to press into it to engage what I think is the sensor. However, now our bed will not go up at all. Itís stuck in down which means we canít move the slide in for our travels to the dealer tomorrow for repairs. Would greatly appreciate any help. Also, do you know if it can be manually lifted to be able to get the slide in?

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Bed Tilt Not Working

It does sound familiar.
    If you have determined that it is not a power issue, then it may be same problem we had when we took delivery of our fifth wheel. The linear actuator under the bed died. Fortunately, ours died in the tilted configuration so the bed, although now unusable, was in a retracted slide.

We had an upcoming camping reservation so I temporarily fixed it this way until Heartland could send me a replacement:
    1] remove the mattress in order to access the plywood sheeting under it.
    2] remove the screws on the head plywood sheet above the hinge-line and the one below the hinge-line and place the plywood sheets aside in order to access the linear actuator that tilts the bed.
    3] pull the cotter pins at the top and bottom of the actuator to remove it.
    4] you can now replace the plywood sheets then mattress and tilt the bed manually as you retract the bedroom slide.

NOTE
    : With the linear actuator removed, there will be no resistance when retracted and it will try to extend again (quite forcibly). So take care to place something at the end of the bed to cushion it against the dresser or whatever when the slide is retracted.

This is a picture of the linear actuator that died under our bed:
    IMG_1647.JPG

I hope this helps!
    Randy and Cindy Zavodny
    + The Yorkie Three Stooges
    Krissy
    Khloe
    Keea
    2019 Landmark Concord
    Sailuns with TST monitors
    Furrion Backup Camera
    2019 RAM 3500 Big Horn
    Cummins 6.7
    4x4 Long Box, Crew Cab, DRW, 3.73
    B&W Companion Hitch
    Airlift 7500XL Bags
    HOC# 6842

3. Print this Post   #3
    B and B

Hello,
    I have the moreryde bed on our Landmark Lousiville. The wiring that is used to supply DC power to bed is way too small, our bed needs to be helped at times to fold up. One thing I am doing on my modification list for Spring is to replace the wiring with 12 gauge and short to stop voltage loss.
    Brian and Bette
    Wilmot Township
    Ontario, Canada

2018 Landmark 365 Louisville
    2016 Ford F 350 SD Crew Powerstroke FX4

Previous
    2017 Bighorn 3575 Elite
    2013 Rockwood 8289WS 5th
    2012 Rockwood 2703SS TT
    2008 Golden Falcon 380 PA Park Model
    1989 Terry Bunk House
    1984 General Coach Corsair 21RB

2015 Ford SD 250 Powerstroke
    2013 F150 Supercrew Ecoboost 3.5 l
    2009 F150 Supercrew Triton 5.4 l

4. Print this Post   #4

Good morning,

I am so sorry on the delayed response as we figured it out and then I didn't log back in until today for another question! Your answer is perfect and this is what we ended up doing and used a ratchet strap to hold it in place while we drove it to the dealer. Thanks!

Jessica

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    It does sound familiar.
    If you have determined that it is not a power issue, then it may be same problem we had when we took delivery of our fifth wheel. The linear actuator under the bed died. Fortunately, ours died in the tilted configuration so the bed, although now unusable, was in a retracted slide.

We had an upcoming camping reservation so I temporarily fixed it this way until Heartland could send me a replacement:
    1] remove the mattress in order to access the plywood sheeting under it.
    2] remove the screws on the head plywood sheet above the hinge-line and the one below the hinge-line and place the plywood sheets aside in order to access the linear actuator that tilts the bed.
    3] pull the cotter pins at the top and bottom of the actuator to remove it.
    4] you can now replace the plywood sheets then mattress and tilt the bed manually as you retract the bedroom slide.

NOTE
    : With the linear actuator removed, there will be no resistance when retracted and it will try to extend again (quite forcibly). So take care to place something at the end of the bed to cushion it against the dresser or whatever when the slide is retracted.

This is a picture of the linear actuator that died under our bed:
    IMG_1647.JPG

I hope this helps!

5. Print this Post   #5

Thank you so much! We will definitely have to look into this. The dealer told me that our sensor was slightly off alignment and that's why we had to help it along. We are waiting to get it back but I'm hoping it all is working better now. What type of mattress do you use? The one that came with ours would even have counted as a decent mattress topper.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN View Post
    Hello,
    I have the moreryde bed on our Landmark Lousiville. The wiring that is used to supply DC power to bed is way too small, our bed needs to be helped at times to fold up. One thing I am doing on my modification list for Spring is to replace the wiring with 12 gauge and short to stop voltage loss.