How do you get Shower valve access on New pioneer re275

marknewbill

Hi I have recently had mystery water in the floor on the wall behind my shower. However that could also have come from the slide that is also ajoining that same wall. I wanted to inspect the shower connections since everything else was also leaking and the nuts were not hand tight on any other faucets. I realize this is warranty but one day it will not be and I just wanted to know how can this be checked? I don't see any access panels I read about in other threads. One side is a plain wall. The other is the outside wall with no equipment to look into. Just a plain wall. Inside the shower there is no access around the valves other than the valve spacer plate. I suppose you can remove that and hopefully have slack in the pipes to check tightness there? Is there a kit to cut the wall and make a nice looking access on the slide side of the wall? The valves in this shower are in the corner. I was concerned even if I were to cut in a hole to see from the back side would I be able to see anything since it also ajoining the outside wall. Is stud in way that holds paneling. See pictures.
ThanksMark

Attachments

• 20210110_104330.jpg
    20210110_104330.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 36
  • 20210110_104155.jpg
    20210110_104155.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 30
  • 20210110_104249.jpg
    20210110_104249.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 27

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would start by removing the four screws holding that faucet panel. #2 square head bit.
Whether or not you will have access to the plumbing remains to be seen.
I suspect that you will.

Peace
Dave

marknewbill

I would start by removing the four screws holding that faucet panel. #2 square head bit.
Whether or not you will have access to the plumbing remains to be seen.
I suspect that you will.

Peace
Dave
Thanks. It does look like it may be possible through there.

marknewbill

I found my source of the leak was the shower door and surround had absolutely no sealer of any kind, and the water was pouring out the door windows when i was showering and going behind between the sink and shower where it wasn't obvious. this ran down the wall under the shower and wet the slide carpet in the other room. all that time I was inspecting the slide seals and the shower was the issue. That became apparent when it happened on a trip with no rain.
Thanks!