Fresh Water Tank Fill Resulted in water pouring out from under belly area

New to 5th wheels 2021 Cyclone 4007 2nd time filling up the fresh water tank I left the hose unattended for a few min and looked at my app and tank looked full so I turned water hose off and switched to City Hook Up Position, I noticed water leaking under the right side of trailer about = to hot water heater I crawled under and water was coming out from a taped area of under belly. I am thinking the over flow from fresh water tank was the issue but not 100% sure I would have thought that over flow would have been plumed differently then into under belly ? what else should I check dont want to pull the under belly to inspect. thnx Casey

danemayer

The overflows come out of the top rear corners of the tank - on a Cyclone you may have 2 tanks, so probably the rearmost. The PEX is typically plumbed through a hole in the frame and terminates in a 90 degree PEX fitting. If you don't see a fitting like that on each side, it's likely the overflow is in fact going into the underbelly.

You should be able to remove a few coroplast mounting screws on one side to peek in and see what's going on.

Matt750

We have a ‘19 CY 4007 and the fresh water tanks have two overflow hoses that are on the left (drivers side). They are pretty close to almost being directly under the UDC (but inside the frame rail). These hoses are clear with a white braid and different from the red & blue low drain point hoses (which are on the right or passenger side). Maybe your overflow hoses didn’t make it past the chloroplast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flick

New to 5th wheels 2021 Cyclone 4007 2nd time filling up the fresh water tank I left the hose unattended for a few min and looked at my app and tank looked full so I turned water hose off and switched to City Hook Up Position, I noticed water leaking under the right side of trailer about = to hot water heater I crawled under and water was coming out from a taped area of under belly. I am thinking the over flow from fresh water tank was the issue but not 100% sure I would have thought that over flow would have been plumed differently then into under belly ? what else should I check dont want to pull the under belly to inspect. thnx Casey

I’m thinking also that your overflow hoses didn’t make it past the coroplast. They don’t on my Cyclone either. I personally like them being tucked away because of road film, mud and mud daubers, etc. As for as it getting wet above the coroplast, it gets (not everywhere but in places) pretty wet anyhow when you’re pulling your coach on wet roads.

We have a ‘19 CY 4007 and the fresh water tanks have two overflow hoses that are on the left (drivers side). They are pretty close to almost being directly under the UDC (but inside the frame rail). These hoses are clear with a white braid and different from the red & blue low drain point hoses (which are on the right or passenger side). Maybe your overflow hoses didn’t make it past the chloroplast?

Thank You for the help, have to ask (UDC ?) also I am assuming there are 2 fresh water tanks, under the belly on the left side there is 1 blue plex with a on off valve and the right side there is 2 pex lines 1 red 1 blue with on off valves, the other thing I am working on is when i left RV site I opened all 3 valves to drain fresh water tanks the left side tank drained for 45min and the right side drained very little? also do you know location of fresh water pump and if it has a filter at the pump. THnx for the help Casey

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
UDC = Universal Docking Center.
Your water pump should be located behind the wall in your pass through basement storage.
And the water pump has a small sediment filter attached.

Peace
Dave

Matt750

Thank You for the help, have to ask (UDC ?) also I am assuming there are 2 fresh water tanks, under the belly on the left side there is 1 blue plex with a on off valve and the right side there is 2 pex lines 1 red 1 blue with on off valves, the other thing I am working on is when i left RV site I opened all 3 valves to drain fresh water tanks the left side tank drained for 45min and the right side drained very little? also do you know location of fresh water pump and if it has a filter at the pump. THnx for the help Casey

The one line with a valve on the left side should be the drain for the fresh water tanks. The 2 lines (1 red & 1 blue) on the right side with valves are your hot & cold low point drain lines. On ours, we have all of this just as described, but also have the two additional clear lines with white braid that are the overflow lines for the fresh water tanks. You might do as Dan suggested and remove some of the screws holding the chloroplast up so you can take a peek.

The water pump (again, on ours) is right behind the UDC. We have an access panel on the back wall of the baggage area. It used to be screwed down, but I added a hinge and latch so I can access that area easier. I believe Dave is correct in that it does have a small sediment filter.