General warranty question - What is structural warranty?

marknewbill

I have a question about a new trailer, I see there is a 3 year structural warranty.
What is included in this ?
I assume the trailer frame, the walls, the roof. the roof liner?
other items like plumbing, tanks, shower stall, slide motor, electrical wiring is that a year warranty?
I understand the appliances have a separate warranty, and I am not so concerned with those.

I have tons of papers and I know i can figure out some by reading all of that, but of course we don't get a owners manual that would tell about the warranty details. the online version doesn't seem to go into that much either.

Thanks for any help on this.

danemayer

Page 4 of the Heartland Trailer Manual (link) says:

• [*=left][FONT=ADBE_ArialMT_1225]“Structural” portions of the recreational vehicle consist of: (a) exterior sidewalls, laminated or non-laminated, [FONT=ADBE_ArialMT_1223]including fiberglass and wall studs; (b) floors, laminated or non-laminated, including decking and floor joists; (c) [/FONT]roofs, laminated or non-laminated, including decking and roof rafters; and, (d) slide out box exterior sidewalls; end [FONT=ADBE_ArialMT_1223]walls; roofs; floors; skeletal framing; decking; and, roof material installation. [/FONT][/FONT]

[*=left][FONT=ADBE_ArialMT_1225][FONT=ADBE_ArialMT_1223]This Warranty does not cover: front and rear fiberglass caps and any other cosmetic fiberglass attachments; [/FONT]aluminum siding (unless the root cause is the wall structure); exterior roof material (EPDM rubber, TPO, etc.); [FONT=ADBE_ArialMT_1223]floor covering (carpet, linoleum, hardwood, tile, etc.); all sidewall, end wall, front and rear wall, roof and floor [/FONT]attachments; cosmetic issues; damage from water leaks not attributable to a defect; and, delamination caused by water intrusion from lack of required exterior seal maintenance as outlined in the Maintenance Schedule included in the Owner’s Manual.[/FONT]