Water flows back out City Inlet with water pump running

Hello, I am new to the forum: I own a 2020 Heartland Fuel 287 Toy hauler.

My question has to do with plumbing. When I turn on the water pump to run fresh water from the holding tank, water runs out of the
City Water Inlet. I assume it is some type of check valve that is stuck. Are there any plumbing diagrams that show where this check valve might be?
I tried blowing out all the lines thru the City Water Inlet but still have water pumping out the same. If I knew where the check valve is I could
do the repair. Anyone else have this problem or suggestions?

Rich

danemayer

Hi RichWatson960,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The check valve is typically part of the water inlet assembly. You might try smacking the outside with a screwdriver handle to see if it gets unstuck. If not, you'll probably have to replace it. Amazon carries them. If you're under warranty, call Heartland Customer Service at (574) 262-8030 or (877) 262-8032. Have your VIN # ready. They'll probably agree to ship you the part for self install. That's probably a lot easier than taking it to the dealer for repair.

As a workaround, you could screw on a garden hose male plug. Your local hardware store might have one.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just look at the inlet. If there is a little tab in the center, that’s the stem for the check valve. Press it with your finger and you should feel a spring resisting you. No tab or resistance, replace the inlet and be sure it has a brass, not plastic, check valve. Not a difficult repair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roller4tan

Early on in my trailering career, I added a washer with a coned screen. I had inserted it with the screen inward. It pushed the aforementioned pin in and allowed water to spit out while using the pump..... DOH!!!

Bbyrd77

Be sure you have the position on valve in normal if using the pump if it is on city it will pump it out also.

Early on in my trailering career, I added a washer with a coned screen. I had inserted it with the screen inward. It pushed the aforementioned pin in and allowed water to spit out while using the pump..... DOH!!!

Thank you everyone for the info, especially about the cone screen facing inward. My screen was the same way, turned it around, now its working just like it should. RAW..