Element toast

surreyboy

Hey all !
wondering if anyone has the correct part number for the hot water tank element for a 2009 cyclone 3950 ?
mine seemed to pack it in...
I'm guessing the tank needs to be drained in order to change it out ?
any other tricks or things a guy should know before starting this ?

Thanks

bh3585

It's really pretty simple to do. First and foremost shut off all power to your rig and unplug shore power cord. I removed the bad element and let it drain until the water stopped. If you don't have a socket that will fit the element get one. I don't remember what size socket you'll need because I had one just for that. On my Newport I didn't have to move the gas supply out of the way but on yours you may have to, my heater is a Suburban. Yes, there is a you tube video on ding this and it was helpful to me. Don't forget to fill with water before turning it back on.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There is a cheap tool available at any big box store especially for removing a water heater element.. with a Suburban unit, you need to remove the tube from the valve to the burner orifice to get at the element. A 9” element, rated for 1400 watts is the one. It’s a relatively simple job. Replaced ours last summer prior to selling the rig. It was the original, but was caked in mineral deposits. Put it in a jar of vinegar for a few days, cleaned it off and it passed conductivity testing. Now it just sits in a toolbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk