North Trail 21rbss

Viking23

We just ordered a 21rbss, should get it in early May. We measured the bed platform and supports a RV queen (60x75) so we are planning to leave the King mattress at the dealer. Planning to install a Xantrex Pro 1800w inverter fed by 2x6v235ah AGM batteries. I think start by using a Honda eu2200i generator. I would be interested in installing solar over the winter and would like to hear from anyone who has installed roof solar panels. When we thought we were finished traveling we sold our Navion motor home, we missed it. Now we are planning to use the new trailer for summer travel. We do enjoy the ability to use campsites that have no services (Blue Ridge & NAS Key West) our Navion was very happy with no hookups. We used a 360w solar and 250ah batteries, made coffee, toasted muffins, and dried all the hair. All with no generator time. Looking forward to the North Trail, just purchased a GMC Canyon diesel to be the tow vehicle. Planning to use a Reese round bar 8000 pound hitch.

Merry.

This is the model we are interested in. We’ve narrowed it down to this, or the Grand Design Imagine XLS 17MKE. The North Trail seems to be very well built, with a lot of features and upgrades

D-K_21RBSS

Merry, we've had our 21 RBSS for almost a year (picked it up March 19 2020, just before everything went in to lockdown) and love the floor plan. Great room and wonderful storage (and just darn pretty inside). We had also looked seriously at the Grand Design floor plans and build quality. The North Trail build quality is very good, and we liked the interior better than the GD. For the price difference between NT and GD, we went for the North Trail.
It pulls easily with our F150 (v8) and is small enough to fit most camp sites (and it tows only 4 feet longer then our popup so it wasn't a huge adjustment, except being so much taller :) )
Good luck and enjoy!

This is the model we are interested in. We’ve narrowed it down to this, or the Grand Design Imagine XLS 17MKE. The North Trail seems to be very well built, with a lot of features and upgrades
David and Karen. You may have already made your decision by now, and if so I hope you’re happy with it. I know someone with the Grand Design XLS 17MKE, and they love it. However, the deal killer for me on that model is that the slide has to be open in order to pull the Murphy bed down. I prefer to have the trailer reasonably functional without having to do that, so I’ve personally excluded that model from my search. For some people that may not matter, but it’s just something to consider if you already haven’t made your decision. If you have made a decision, I would be interested to hear what you ended up with, and why. Good luck with your quest!