Equalizer Hitch?

DanPace

Greetings! I recently switched from a Chevy 1500 Silverado to a Ford F250 Lariat Diesel. I have a Mallard M29. I would like members opinions on weather or not I need to use an equalizer hitch with my new Ford.

Thanks,

Dan

thehumes

Greetings! I recently switched from a Chevy 1500 Silverado to a Ford F250 Lariat Diesel. I have a Mallard M29. I would like members opinions on weather or not I need to use an equalizer hitch with my new Ford.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan, I'm driving a Ford F150 with the big engine and pulling a Mallard M27. I would highly recommend using a weight distribution rig (equalizer). It will make towing far more stable, reduce the wear and tear on your truck, and most include the anti-sway bar. If your truck doesn't have an integrated brake control, then I highly recommend that as well. This allows you to control the sharing ratio of braking between the RV's and the truck's brakes...Without it, you're at the mercy of the landscape. With the exception of long steep grades, the combination of the distribution, integrated braking control, and the Ford built-in towing drive modes, most all acceleration, turning, and braking feels like I'm not towing anything at all. I bought my distribution system via Amazon at a fraction of the cost of buying it through the dealer. I also install it myself on a regular basis...including the initial installation and adjusting.

V/R
Duane

Flick

Thanks,

Dan

Before buying anything, I would hook it up and do a test drive if you haven’t done it already. I think you’ll find that the Ford is plenty truck. We have trucks like the F250 here on our farm and they are workhorses. We pull huge loads using all kinds of trailers. You can always add the gadgets later.

DanPace

Before buying anything, I would hook it up and do a test drive if you haven’t done it already. I think you’ll find that the Ford is plenty truck. We have trucks like the F250 here on our farm and they are workhorses. We pull huge loads using all kinds of trailers. You can always add the gadgets later.

Thank you

esscobra

i would recommend the Reese Strait-Line® - i had one with my bumper pull - worked very well - 32ft - and much easier to hitch/unhitch than anything else ( many fellow camping buddies have others and none as easy )