Awning lock??

Help please? We have a 2020 pioneer 280bh with dometic 9200 power awning. When we traveled across country back in June, from co to va, our awning caught the wind in Kansas and billowed open. We had to zip tie and tape it for the rest of the trip. We have since replaced it. What do you guys do to lock down awning to prevent this from happening again? Zip ties on the arms will do nothing to keep the roller from coming undone.

MTPockets

Help please? We have a 2020 pioneer 280bh with dometic 9200 power awning. When we traveled across country back in June, from co to va, our awning caught the wind in Kansas and billowed open. We had to zip tie and tape it for the rest of the trip. We have since replaced it. What do you guys do to lock down awning to prevent this from happening again? Zip ties on the arms will do nothing to keep the roller from coming undone.
I never had a problem with ours, five years full time traveling, however, I noticed early that when our awning was fully retracted that the rails didn’t always lock into place, so I was able to push on the rail while it was retracting and that extra push did get it to lay solid against the side. Are you certain yours is fully retracted?
PS, we also had a motor fail, but was covered under warranty for a field tech to replace.

centerline

power awning?.... are the arms retracting fully over the base/mounting channel?.....

ive seen times where the awning had either slipped in the track (because the lock screw was not installed) or shrunk a little crooked, which when rolled up causes it to be a bit crooked, leaving a place for wind to get a hold on it...