RecPro Replacement Furniture

Chippendale

The sofa in my 2015 Landmark manufactured in April of 2014 decided to start it's expected disintegration process about 2 months ago so I have started looking for a replacement. RecPro looks like it may be one of the best sources for a new sofa. I ordered fabric samples so I could see what looked best in my trailer hoping it would be the Oatmeal colored linen look fabric. Unfortunately when placed near the carpet, it comes close to matching the carpet which would look almost like the carpet also covers the sofa. It is also very close to the wall covering so my next choice is the mahogany colored faux leather and my question is: How many years can I expect out of a "lightly used" (I am single and it is seldom sat on) "leather" RecPro sofa? I know these things don't last forever, but I got about 6 or 7 years out of my original one and if I can expect about the same on the RecPro, I will order one. Would appreciate any comments good or bad on RecPro furniture. Thanks

ATLJOHN

We just purchased our love seat from Rec Pro in cloth. It seems very well made. Easy to install. We had the faux leather in our 2011 bighorn and it peeled so bad my wife did not want to invite anyone into our camper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RickL

A HUGE word of caution. I bought a rec pro theater set 2 years ago. Within 6 months the cushioning broke down and where I bought it from redid the cushions. (Keep in mind we full time so it’s used constantly) Fast forward 9 more months and I once again returned to the place we purchased the set from. What he found was the springs basically just flat gave out. He has now redid the entire set, with the exception of the mechanical parts). I’m going to give it a month prior to leaving Yuma and if it starts to breakdown again I’ll be returning it for a full refund (which he has agreed to).

The caution is - buyer beware. If I wasn’t in a rush I would have bought Lambrite and been done with it. Although I see Lazy Boy makes a theater seat that would work. Granted it probably would be a little higher cost, but of all the Lazy Boy products I have bought over the years I’ve never had an issue.

ATLJOHN

Thanks RickL. I sure hope we do have that issue. We do not full time. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MTPockets

I’m not familiar at all with Recpro, but am curious why you wouldn’t just check out a regular furniture store. We replaced ours with some great Lazyboy pieces. We took our maximum measurements and picked what would fit.

Chippendale

I’m not familiar at all with Recpro, but am curious why you wouldn’t just check out a regular furniture store. We replaced ours with some great Lazyboy pieces. We took our maximum measurements and picked what would fit.

One of the reasons I was only looking at RV furniture was the fact that, while I don't really need it now, a future new owner might want a sofa bed and as best I can remember, back in the day, sofa beds were pretty heavy. Plus, the one we had would have been a nightmare to get up into the trailer. Thanks for the suggestion, since I don't have to order it in the morning, I might check Rooms-To-Go or Ashley Furniture and see what is available. They very well may be lighter and more mover friendly these days than way back when.

sengli

We replaced our couch, and our theatre seating in our big horn, with the brand BEST. And they fit perfectly. They make a line of furniture that is slightly smaller than normal house furnishings. Also we bought some furniture from the furniture rows stores, called the joshua series. It fit great as well.

jbmoto

We too recently purchased a RecPro loveseat in oatmeal fabric to replace the original Loveseat in our 2016 Bighorn. It was delivered within a week and arrived in two boxes. No issue in removing the de-laminated horrible original equipment Loveseat. It was obvious the frame was from the same supplier in China. The floor anchors fit perfectly on the new frame. An unexpected bonus was finding an earring lost for more than a year! So far we are satisfied with the replacement. The seat cushions are more firm and the headrest is not as large. Nothing a small pillow won't fix or a bit less reclining for TV watching. We are very familiar with Best Furniture and it is great quality. Order lead time was the reason we went ahead with RecPro.