awful bed

rcar59

Hello i am new to the forum. my wife and i purchased a new 2019 cyclone 4005TH and the king size bed is terrible. Is there anything that can be done to fix this. also it is pushed up against the wall on one side which makes hard to get in and out of. I ask my dealer about a queen size replacement and he says there is none. any comments or suggestions would be helpful.

david-steph2018

Hello i am new to the forum. my wife and i purchased a new 2019 cyclone 4005TH and the king size bed is terrible. Is there anything that can be done to fix this. also it is pushed up against the wall on one side which makes hard to get in and out of. I ask my dealer about a queen size replacement and he says there is none. any comments or suggestions would be helpful.

When we bought our Road Warrior we also purchased a Denver mattress. It is on the costly side but wife likes it. As far as replacing with a queen size you would need to modify the bed support. Several people on here have done the switch so hopefully someone will soon give you a clue what is needed.

LBR

When we bought our Road Warrior we also purchased a Denver mattress. It is on the costly side but wife likes it. As far as replacing with a queen size you would need to modify the bed support. Several people on here have done the switch so hopefully someone will soon give you a clue what is needed.
^^I echo this^^... modification to cut down to a queen has been done by members. We bought a new King mattress 30 days after taking delivery of our CY... most comfortable matress I have ever owned.

danemayer

Hi rcar59,

Some people have added mattress toppers. Others have changed out the mattress for a memory foam or other type. Amazon, along with many others, sell mattresses in RV sizes. Here's a link.

To put in a queen, you'll need to modify the platform under the mattress, which is something a number of people have done.

MTPockets

We started by adding a 2” Foam topper, from Walmart, on top of the mattress. That was pretty good, but added another 2” and loved it... it was also a lot less money than other mattress options.

sengli

We went to Kolhs, and bought a serta 3 inch foam topper. Some of the cheaper ones can be stinky, and smell like chemicals. Makes a night and day difference without having to spend $2k on a fancy mattress.

We purchased a Wilderness RV hybrid mattress. Had over a year and really like it. It beats the Select Comfort we have at the house.

cashmore

We ordered a new mattress from Mattress Insider the day we purchased our CY. The factory mattresses are terrible for any unit you buy from any manufacturer. We have accepted that and we know that when we trade for a new unit we just buy a new mattress. You can get whatever size you want (even custom sized) from Mattress Insider, you can get to their ready made list for RV's here https://www.mattressinsider.com/rv-mattress.html We've purchases a few from them over the years, and believe the King we have now is actually better than our Sticks and Bricks one. Their customer services is great, they will spend time to answer your questions and shipping is fast we Love ours.

As far as shrinking down to a queen many have done that. As long as you don't have the tilting version, if you have some wood working skills you'll be able to modify the bed frame to your needs quite easily. If you have the tilting version, im not sure as I haven't looking into that one before.

NYSUPstater

We dumbly suffered for years w/ the factory one in our '06 Cedar Creek. Then we bought a new one from local mattress store and put in RV. Upon selling the RV, we switched out that mattress w/ one from house. Still love it. Now as for the new RV (BC), it came w/ some kind of memory foam mattress and it's actually quite comfy. Cannot feel the wife or animals move around on it (king size). However, it does have 2 downsides. 1(. Hard to make, 2). Can get very warm. So far, we see no need to add any kind of topper to it or to go w/ another type. Sofa one tho, we bought a 2" or 3" topper and DD said all the diff in the world over factory set up.

RickL

We also replaced our “premium” mattress delivered with our rig with one from Mattress Insider. BEST money we have spent since going full time. It wasn’t cheap but having a great nights sleep is well worth it in our opinion.

jimcat

Hi rcar59,

Some people have added mattress toppers. Others have changed out the mattress for a memory foam or other type. Amazon, along with many others, sell mattresses in RV sizes. Here's a link.

To put in a queen, you'll need to modify the platform under the mattress, which is something a number of people have done.
Re the modification of the platform? Is this something one could order from Hearltand? Since they do have queen and king beds in their unites.. thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think you would have to contact Heartland and ask that question.
Personally I think you could pick up there. I have pick up parts in the past.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We used the OEM mattress for 11 years. Added a cheap topper early on, then replaced it with a 4” Tempurpedic topper after that. Slept just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk