Sailun Truck Tires????

Chippendale

Probably going to be new tire time for my truck in the next few months or so. I know a good many folks including myself are using Sailuns on their trailers, but can't think of anyone who is using them on their trucks. I am very pleased with the Sailuns on my trailer and was wondering how they hold up on trucks. The Michelin LT245/75R17 Load Range E tires on my F350 dually have about 33,000 miles on them and the tread on the back tires which are never rotated seem to be wearing a good bit, getting close to not passing the penny test. I have heard some complaints on how Michelin's seem to wear faster than other brands, so I thought I would check around now rather than waiting until I absolutely have to get what ever is available. Will appreciate any comments or suggestions folks have on Sailuns or other brands. Thanks

Kathi-27

have bridgestone duravis r500 hd have 30000 miles and still have over 2/3 tread left. should get 75 to 90000 miles

CDN

B and B
Hello

I didn't have life concerns on Michielins on my F350. 82,000 km. I needed traction in mud in parks in summer and snow in winter. Just bought BFG TA All Terrain KO2. They are aggressive but do run quiet on the highway. I towed a couple long trips late last year, did the job.

danemayer

3-1/2 years ago I put on 6 Sailun Terramax A/T 4S 235/80R-17 from SimpleTire.com at $109 each. Walmart installed them for maybe $20 each. I immediately noticed they were quieter than the tires that came with the truck. They've served well in our Colorado snow. I've only put on about 18,000 miles so far and looking at the tread, I'd guess I might get 25,000 miles before I need to replace them for traction in snow.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
A friend of mine in N CO put those on his fleet of electrician trucks. Some of their miles are dirt and gravel roads and most of their rigs are 1 ton or heavier. None of those tires lasted a year. I am not sure how long they would last just doing highway miles. He went back to Michelin's.

sengli

On my RAM 3500 we recently went to Nitto Dura Grapplers which are excellent road tires. Got then installed at the RAM dealer cheaper than the two other big tire chains quoted. Only needed to replace my tires due to the junk nexens failed at 14k miles.

HornedToad

It’s also new tire time for my 2018 Ford F450. I’ve owned Ford’s since high school and almost always replaced with the same tires as OEM, usually Goodyear.

I am not happy with the Continental tires that came on the F450 and want to make a change. To research I ran across this post and the very two I was considering got bad reviews... Sailuns which I’ve been very happy with on my trailer and the Michelin’s recommend by the truck shop I have to go to now because Discount does not sell/service 19.5s.

What other tested options can anyone recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnU

It’s also new tire time for my 2018 Ford F450. I’ve owned Ford’s since high school and almost always replaced with the same tires as OEM, usually Goodyear.

I am not happy with the Continental tires that came on the F450 and want to make a change. To research I ran across this post and the very two I was considering got bad reviews... Sailuns which I’ve been very happy with on my trailer and the Michelin’s recommend by the truck shop I have to go to now because Discount does not sell/service 19.5s.

What other tested options can anyone recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my buddy is running Hankook DH05’s on his 450. 265/70-19.5, and it looks really fantastic. That said, they are a pretty aggressive tread for highway use and tend to sing down the road.

I’m replacing my factory 17’s with 19.5’s here soon and am planning on either Toyo M609z or Arisun AD778’s at that time.

NYSUPstater

Installed Mastercraft Coursers last Sept on the 350 DRW and so far so good. Currently have 1400# of tube sand in back end, but the DRW still stinks in the snow period. Overall though, been very satisfied w/ the MC. Truck came w/ Michelins, but IMO they were a junk tire and I like Michelins.