Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New to RV段ng

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: New to RV段ng

Thanks for the help. New question, I have some broken running lights. Where is the best place to get new lights?

2. Print this Post   #12

Quote Originally Posted by Jobofly View Post
    Thanks for the help. New question, I have some broken running lights. Where is the best place to get new lights?
    Since your rig is a 2018 you should be able to find the replacements in numerous places.
    Some use E-Trailer and I go to a couple of surplus places in the Goshen area when up there for resupply.
    You can try these:
    Bontrager's Surplus RV and Home Improvement Items

Rainbow Variety And RV Surplus - Goshen, IN (rainbowvarietystore.com)

For example I found the overhead LED lights at Bontragers for $5.00/each. Rainbow Variety has all the types of screws used in these things for $3.00/lb. so when I was there I ended up with some of 8 types.

3. Print this Post   #13

Ok quick question. Are the outlets in the camper the same as outlets in a house? The reason I am asking is because I want to replace a few of them with outlets that have USB ports built in. Thanks

4. Print this Post   #14

Ok quick question. Are the outlets in the camper the same as outlets in a house? The reason I am asking is because I want to replace a few of them with outlets that have USB ports built in. Thanks
    Most rv outlet plugs are designer type plugs (rectangular in shape). The covers also snap on. The wall boxes are different generally from what you値l find in a setup other than rv痴.

However, the electrical hookups are all the same and you can use outlets with usb. Easiest would be to use a direct fit rv outlet plug with usb. You could also remove the existing plug and outlet box and go with one you can buy at Lowe痴. You can check. Lowe痴 may even have one that fits an rv.
    Eddie and Jomaye
    HOC #7088

2015 Heartland Cyclone 4100 HD
    -4 U Cam observation camera
    -Dish Tailgater Pro
    -On The Go Double Standard softener
    -Splendide washer/dryer combo
    -TireMinder bluetooth TPMS
    -RV Smart 50 amp surge protector

2019 Ford F-350 DRW FX4 Lariat
    -Ultimate Lariat package
    -4:10 LS gears
    -2 front lift/Bilstein shocks
    -Air Lift 5000 Ultimate air bags
    -Air Lift Gen 2 Bluetooth wireless compressor
    -20k Reese fifth wheel and rail adapter
    -35 TOYO Open Country M/T tires on stock 17 rims
    -RDS 60 gal tool box combo w/gauge
    -RV Toll Pass

5. Print this Post   #15

Mounting for residential outlets is a bit different. RV outlets usually have tabs that rotate into place behind the thin walls of the RV to hold the outlet in place. When shopping, consider how to mount the outlet.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur babies Callie the Rally Dog and Cooper
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • Goodyear G114 17.5" tires
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Sailun Terramax A/T 4S, 235/80R -17. 5 Tires
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

6. Print this Post   #16

If it is just the lens broken you can get them at any auto parts store. Probably the whole light assembly also.

7. Print this Post   #17

Thanks again, it looks like it is just the lens. ok another question, where is the control for the powered awning? i cant find it anywhere.

8. Print this Post   #18

well i guess its a manual awning. That's kind of annoying since i was told it was powered. I just opened it up and it doesn't look right. Please take a look at these pictures and let me know if this is correct.

IMG_2450.JPGIMG_2451.JPGIMG_2452.JPG

9. Print this Post   #19

Yes, manual awning. Setup looks ok to me.

10. Print this Post   #20

One of the things you can do for the awning is to adjust the bottom arms to put an angle on the awning, so it will drain if there is a rain shower. I like to put the side of the awning away from walking traffic a little lower than the other end. That gives a direction for any water to run off. There are lots of good YouTube videos on operating the manual awning, so I would check there if you have questions.

If there are rain showers, you can secure the ends of the awning rollers to the ground with paracord and tent stakes. That helps to keep the awning safe in moderate winds while (possibly) giving you a little dry space outside the camper. I would never keep the awning out-- even if staked down, in more than 15-20 mph winds. For mild winds, you may discover that overnight breezes make the awning noisy. With an electric awning you'd just roll it in because it is easy. Since a manual awning takes a bit more effort, many people use something called a de-flapper to secure the long, open, sides of the awning to the awning rail. I used them when I had a camper with a manual awning.

Something like this helps improve sleep on a breezy night! Depending on your awning you might choose to use two per side, but I would start with one pair and see how that works. Good luck with the new camper!

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-42061-R.../dp/B0006IX7V0

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Et1958 View Post
    Yes, manual awning. Setup looks ok to me.
    I meant to say in my previous message that I agree that it looks okay for a standard manual awning.

David & Elise
    2021 Sundance Ultralight 324BH
    2014 RAM 3500 SRW 4 x 4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2