Fireplace, AC, microwave, water heater, GCFI no power

Hi have a 2011 Big horn I bought used over a year ago and we live in it full time. Last night most of my power stopped working. At first I thought the GCFI had tripped but that didn’t fix it. Then I checked all the breakers and fuses; all are working. Inspecting further I realized it wasn’t just my outlet the weren’t working. My hot water heater is out on electric but works with propane, my fireplace, bedroom ac, and microwave are out as well as my outside outlet which don’t connect to the GCFI. Can anyone help me please?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would start at the park pedestal. Check the breakers there then using your multimeter check the power at the plug there. If you don't have a multimeter it's time to get one.
If you don't have a shore cord reel check to be sure you are securely plugged into your rig.
Do you know if you have a transfer switch? If so open it up and check the wires there.
Did you reset the breakers in the coach. Don't rely on a visual for checking. Turn them off then back on. All of them.
Circle back and let us know what you found.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

I agree with Cookie here - sounds like you may have lost one leg of your 50A power service. Starting at the pedestal with a voltmeter then working your way into the rig is the way to track this one.

wdk450

If you are connected to a 30 amp RV electrical service, your 30 amp to 50 amp adapter cable may have developed a defect opening one of the 50 amp supply feed lines.

RickL

If it was me, I’d reset my system. Unplug from the pedestal, disconnect your batteries. Now check your voltages at the pedestal. Then turn on your battery power, then replug your electric is your voltages check out and you are assured you don’t have an open ground, or neutral, and/or reversed polarity

NewHopians

First thing is get a good surge protector and plug into camp pedestal before you plug your rig in. They will give you a good analysis of the camp power before. It will also save your system.

Second I had the fuse blow out on my converter and it shut everything down, Had to replace the converter.

We have a 2018 Landmark Newport, and we've experienced similar problems. Today, we woke up to find our microwave and fireplace didn't have power. I checked my the Progressive Industries surge protector, and there was no fault. I checked my GFI's and reset the one in the rear bath. I checked the converter and it's output was 14 Vdc. I checked the inverter and it showed no error. I turned off the battery power rotating switches. I turned off shore power. Waited a few minutes, and turned on the rotary battery switches, then the shore power. Waited for the Progressive Industries device to cycle and everything can back on. What can cause this disruption in 120 vac?

david-steph2018

We have a 2018 Landmark Newport, and we've experienced similar problems. Today, we woke up to find our microwave and fireplace didn't have power. I checked my the Progressive Industries surge protector, and there was no fault. I checked my GFI's and reset the one in the rear bath. I checked the converter and it's output was 14 Vdc. I checked the inverter and it showed no error. I turned off the battery power rotating switches. I turned off shore power. Waited a few minutes, and turned on the rotary battery switches, then the shore power. Waited for the Progressive Industries device to cycle and everything can back on. What can cause this disruption in 120 vac?
It could be a couple of things. Pedestal power had an issue, or it could be something in your power cord. When you get time, check the power cord reel connections to see if anything is loose. BUT MAKE SURE THE POWER IS OFF!!!!!!!! With the power off, check the connections at your breaker box. If you have an automatic transfer switch, ATS, check it as well. Basically, start at the pedestal and work your way to the breaker box checking connections, BUT MAKE SURE THE POWER IS OFF!!!!!