First night plumbing issues

FL-JOE

Hi all, new to this forum. Out here in Sweetwater TX picking up our new Cyclone 4006. First night after delivery hooked everything up at campground. Kept gray valves closed. After about 20 minutes we found the tub half full of water!

Opened gray and everything drained. Problem was hooked up to water and camper dial turned to “city fixture” water just continued to run through gray. Thought okay no problem, I’ll just fill fresh water tank and we will disconnect from city water and use pump. Turned to “fill tank” and it wouldn’t fill tank but just kept running right out of gray.

We are only camped 3/4 of a mile from our dealer so hoping they will send tech out. I suspect the selecter valve in the wet bay is either bad, or not plumbed right. We will see. Any ideas?

danemayer

Doubt it's the 4-way Anderson Valve. The question is, how is water entering the gray tank? Looking at the 4006 floor plan, it appears the tub drain and sink drain in the front bath would connect and drain into the front gray tank (gray 1?). The rear sink, galley and washer would drain into the rear gray tank (gray 2?). It's possible the rear sink might drain into the rear black tank along with the rear toilet. Other than those drains, and vent pipes, the pathway for water to enter the gray tank is unclear. The only other likely possibility would be water entering the black tank and migrating to the gray tank. That could happen if the black tank valve was not completely closed and you had water going into the black tank flush connection.

Are your water fixtures working properly? Do you have water at each faucet and at the shower and toilets? If not, you may have your hose screwed into the black tank flush connector rather than the city water inlet. Here's a photo of a water hose connected to the City Water Inlet. The fitting below the selector is for the black tank flush. This may not be exactly how your UDC looks, but it's probably close.

UDC w Anderson.jpg

LBR

If I read this correctly, this is a real crazy, unique problem as everyone who reads will agree.

If it was my brand new trailer and 20 minutes into my first night of camping, I would diagnose this way:

The plumbing technician accidentally tee'd the city fresh water pressurized mainline (blue colored) to that specific gray tank's vent line (possibly blue colored). This would fill that one gray tank after turning on city water automatically, no?

If the Dealer didn't do their PDI do-justice survey for, and with you.... it is a possibly to check.

danemayer

If I read this correctly, this is a real crazy, unique problem as everyone who reads will agree.

If it was my brand new trailer and 20 minutes into my first night of camping, I would diagnose this way:

The plumbing technician accidentally tee'd the city fresh water pressurized mainline (blue colored) to that specific gray tank's vent line (possibly blue colored). This would fill that one gray tank after turning on city water automatically, no?

If the Dealer didn't do their PDI do-justice survey for, and with you.... it is a possibly to check.

The gray tanks have 1-1/2" vent pipes. Hard to imagine accidentally teeing a water line into a vent.

LBR

The gray tanks have 1-1/2" vent pipes. Hard to imagine accidentally teeing a water line into a vent.
And right you are...this is proof for me not to post until having my morning coffee...I just lost any and all my stored up Atta-boys here, huh?!!...

wdk450

and right you are...this is proof for me not to post until having my morning coffee...i just lost any and all my stored up atta-boys here, huh?!!...

LBR: You still get an "ATTA BOY" for trying to help another Heartlander!!!