Kitchen faucet leak

Hey all, after some sub-zero temps, we have had some issues, mostly fixed now. One still remains: our kitchen faucet is leaking, and I don't know what brand it is, or how to fix it. I've attached a couple photos - in one, I am pointing to where the leaking water comes out. We have a 2018 Big Country 3310SQCK. Any help?
Faucet.jpgFaucet leak.jpg.
Thanks in advance for any guidance. I believe if I can just find out what brand, I can go from there.

jmarnell

Your faucet looks like the original one we had in our 2018 Cyclone. It also started leaking in that same place. Same as the previous post, we just replaced the entire fixture with a new one from Home Depot. We were on a trip at the time and didn't want to mess with it. Now it's a name brand (Moen) and easy to find parts if necessary.

Thanks for the input. I did go to get a faucet, but the connections on the source ends of the hoses are different from my RV faucet. My RV faucet hoses have 1/2" male, and the faucets we tried at the store (Home Depot), were 3/8" female. We tried for over 30 minutes to find adapters to make them work with no luck. I think I'm going to get two new shark-bite valves to go on the Pex line and connect the new faucet that way. Wish me luck!

Why do RV manufacturers have to do things, in my opinion, unconventionally? I mean, there's no shut-off valves under the kitchen sink for shutting off the water supply. Frustrating.

SLO

Thanks for the input. I did go to get a faucet, but the connections on the source ends of the hoses are different from my RV faucet. My RV faucet hoses have 1/2" male, and the faucets we tried at the store (Home Depot), were 3/8" female. We tried for over 30 minutes to find adapters to make them work with no luck. I think I'm going to get two new shark-bite valves to go on the Pex line and connect the new faucet that way. Wish me luck!

Why do RV manufacturers have to do things, in my opinion, unconventionally? I mean, there's no shut-off valves under the kitchen sink for shutting off the water supply. Frustrating.

You need this.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Keeney-1-2-in-x-3-8-in-Compression-MIP-Adapter-Fitting/1000276659

Or this.

https://www.amazon.com/LASCO-10-006...ocphy=1014232&hvtargid=pla-350781286045&psc=1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flick

SLO:
These seem to be compression fittings, not fittings for PEX tubing.

Compression fittings are available for pex. When using this type of fitting, there is a stainless steel insert that when used allows you to clamp down on the pex without damaging it.

It is the same thing as using a compression fitting on a nylon hose, but of course the fitting is made specifically for pex.

SLO

SLO:
These seem to be compression fittings, not fittings for PEX tubing.

You said the new faucet has 3/8” female fitting on the end of the supplies attached to the faucet. The 3/8” fittings should have an o ring in them to make a water tight seal. Take that 3/8” compression fitting, throw away the brass nut and brass ferrule, connect your faucet supplies to the 3/8” male threads of the compression fitting. Don’t tighten it like you would for a regular compression because it has an o ring seal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

akfoote

Exactly!
Same faucet nearly the same leak. Lippert makes the units and no internal parts for repair available. Buy the entire faucet, thats the only option they gave me. Ugh. Calling Heartland warranty :/

- Kevin

Went to Locke Supply (plumbing/electrical, etc. warehouse - mostly commercial sales, but welcomes retail, and very knowledgeable and helpful). They had the adapters to make the Delta faucet from Lowe's work. Once I got them, it was a breeze.

Good input from everyone, lots of Forum love!

Daley07

Knowing the differences between RV faucets vs home faucets should make it easier for you to decide whether replacing your RV water fixture with a household model is worth it: the water in our homes passes through rigid metal or PVC pipes. Their connections feature threads or grooves that form a tight seal with your faucet’s inlet ports. Motorhomes feature flexible cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) tubes that run behind the RV’s wall panels and other spaces. Hence, the main difference between a residential faucet and an RV tap is their connection to the plumbing system.

Last edited:

southernlady5464

Knowing the differences between RV faucets vs home faucets should make it easier for you to decide whether replacing your RV water fixture with a household model is worth it: the water in our homes passes through rigid metal or PVC pipes. Their connections feature threads or grooves that form a tight seal with your faucet’s inlet ports. Motorhomes feature flexible cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) tubes that run behind the RV’s wall panels and other spaces. Hence, the main difference between a residential faucet and an RV tap is their connection to the plumbing system.
We replumbed our 1910 house with PEX. Even to the kitchen faucet. Never had an issue. Even plumbers in our local big box stores used Pex, our plumber who came in to plumb the toilets and new shower pan used pex everywhere he could. So I’m not sure I understand your reasoning.

Skooter

Exactly what we had to do and we put individual shutoffs at the connections in case we had to change faucet again.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When our OEM lavatory faucet fell apart, it was a simple task to replace it with a residential model from Lowes. Just need to be sure you get the same base dimensions as the original. Didn’t need any special adapters or tearing out of my hair. Installing a Sharkbite PEX shut off valve in the lines would also be dimple, if you feel there is a need for one.
The OEM was a segmented plastic tube inside a sheet metal body. The tubing came apart. The replacement was real cast metal, same color as the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk