rocker switch mounting box?....

centerline

I need help locating a part that I dont know what its called, but its a fairly common part that is difficult to find on the internet without knowing the name of it....

its a raised mounting bezel/box for mounting a rocker switch proud of a surface, so the only holes that need to be drilled are small ones for the screws and wires, but not for the switch to fit in...

most rocker switches are mounted in flat bezels that screw over a hole that is drilled/cut in paneling, big enough that the switch fits into it so its semi flush with the surface, but I want the raised mounting box so that I dont have to cut a larger hole in a structural part of the cabinetry where i want to mount a switch, but only drill for the 18ga wires to fit thru.....

a name, weblink would be great... thanks

wdk450

Look through this search: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...570.l1313&_nkw=small+electronics+box&_sacat=0

You will have to cut out a rectangular opening and drill mounting screw holes for the standard mounting rocker switch. Some rocker switches snap into rectangular holes without screws.

On edit: I found this switch and enclosure on E-Bay with a "rocker switch enclosure" search. It IS a lighted 110 volt SPST switch, but if the contacts format works you can use it on 12 VDC (the light just won't work).

centerline

Look through this search: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...570.l1313&_nkw=small+electronics+box&_sacat=0

You will have to cut out a rectangular opening and drill mounting screw holes for the standard mounting rocker switch. Some rocker switches snap into rectangular holes without screws.

On edit: I found this switch and enclosure on E-Bay with a "rocker switch enclosure" search. It IS a lighted 110 volt SPST switch, but if the contacts format works you can use it on 12 VDC (the light just won't work).

project boxes are good for a lot of things, and I can make one if I wanted to, but i want the ready made rocker switch mount...

- - - Updated - - -

ck amazon for toggle switch mount box

I have checked amazon and many other sites, but cant find what im looking for, which is why im asking others for some help, on the chance that they may know where to get the type I want.... please send me a link if you find something that may work for me... thanks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I think I searched JR Products a few years back looking for similar items. They don’t sell retail, but you can copy their info and do a search with it. Think I ended up getting the actual parts from Amazon, made by JR Products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
OK, it was JR Products via Amazon. I used these for modifying the reading lamps over the bed and to replace the switch for the puck lights over the sofa when it broke. Mounted to the wall, I had to make wood mounting plates to accommodate the connections, but if you're working on the side of a cabinet, you might not have to. The photos are what I did in the bedroom. The one for the living room was similar.

If you highlight this line and do a side-bar search, you'll find it.

JR Products 12005 White Single SPST On-Off Switch with Bezel

Attachments

• Reading Lamp Switch.jpg
    Reading Lamp Switch.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Reading Lamp and Switch.jpg
    Reading Lamp and Switch.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 25
  • After Painting.jpg
    After Painting.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 23