Privacy shade for interrior garage door

Bawndo

My teen age daughter uses the garage as her bedroom when we're camping. He has requested we add some sort of blind or curtian on the door from the kitchen to the garage. Any recomendations on something that will be permanent, but will survive travel?

cashmore

My teen age daughter uses the garage as her bedroom when we're camping. He has requested we add some sort of blind or curtian on the door from the kitchen to the garage. Any recomendations on something that will be permanent, but will survive travel?

When our daughters wanted that in ours, we put up drapes on a curtain rod on the door it's self. We can move them out of the way when we want to see in and they can have them closed when it's appropriate. Worked out very well.

pjones1969

Our 3800 has a factory installed black drape, we have the sliding glass door, not sure what model you have.

Bawndo

When our daughters wanted that in ours, we put up drapes on a curtain rod on the door it's self. We can move them out of the way when we want to see in and they can have them closed when it's appropriate. Worked out very well.

‘when you get a chance would you mind posting a picture?

- - - Updated - - -

Our 3800 has a factory installed black drape, we have the sliding glass door, not sure what model you have.

2019 4005, single door.

NYSUPstater

Funny this came up and fully get where OP is coming from cuz we wondered the same exact thing when we walked thru toy haulers w/ smoked glass door and nothing else. We said, "what do you do for privacy". Made no sense that there is nothing from factories for this.

jmarnell

We purchased a simple curtain rod and brown drapes at Lowes for our Cyclone. Works great for privacy when needed.

centerline

There is also the adhesive window film that can be found in many patterns, colors and themes... easy to install and lasts forever without being in the way.....

Is the glass in your door inset about 3/4” like mine? I was able to use a sidelight curtain with tension rods, and we just traveled and they stayed put, even over some rough roads. I bought these and will be modifying for the length of the door window:

Attachments

• 96FDEEEE-6795-4D39-846E-3B9CE6B957F8.png
    96FDEEEE-6795-4D39-846E-3B9CE6B957F8.png
    808.3 KB · Views: 9
  • D7E698D9-934E-4A7D-813B-9AB53C0A5227.png
    D7E698D9-934E-4A7D-813B-9AB53C0A5227.png
    792.2 KB · Views: 9

porthole

Retired
I had picked up some of the material used to make the seats during one of my factory visits. I used that to have a curtain made for the garage.

And I have no idea why this link displays a link different then my post from my original thread (https://heartlandowners.org/threads/and-so-it-begins.11365/page-10#post-211688)

Last edited:

spectra