New 4006 and minor repairs/adjustments

FL-JOE

Been spending the last week or so loading up personal property and making our new fiver livable. Of course just like with any new RV there are numerous minor repairs and adjustments that keep coming up.

1. Frig just won't make ice. I've looked up all the info I can find and read the literature that came with the LG residential and it still won't produce. This morning a removed and reinstall the water filter to see if that would help. The only other thing I know to do is pull the stupid thing and check for a kinked water line.

2. Front bedroom sliding closet mirror door has one top bracket that is hanging on by one screw. Haven't had time to figure out how the doors would come off in order to get that mounting screw back in.

3. Slide seal on living room slide dropped down. Need to get my 8' stepladder out and fix that.

4. Garage entrance man door separates from screen door whenever you open it. Simply adjusted small hook latch and now that works fine.

5. Rear ramp gets stuck when trying to open. It gets jammed on the upper left corner. Couldn't really see any evidence on the metal where it was catching. Put some lubrication on edges. Also removed cables and secured them together toward middle of ramp. So far it isn't hanging up but probably won't know for sure until we get on the road for awhile.

danemayer

1. Frig just won't make ice. I've looked up all the info I can find and read the literature that came with the LG residential and it still won't produce. This morning a removed and reinstall the water filter to see if that would help. The only other thing I know to do is pull the stupid thing and check for a kinked water line.

Check that the water feed line valve is open. It's usually located in the kitchen, where the ice maker feed line tees off the kitchen cold water line.

FL-JOE

The joys of RV ownership. Welcome to the club.

I’m actually okay with this stuff so far. It is our 3rd new RV and so far less things are wrong with it than the other two. That is pretty good when you consider on of those new ones had a MSRP of $355,000.00!

FL-JOE

Check that the water feed line valve is open. It's usually located in the kitchen, where the ice maker feed line tees off the kitchen cold water line.

I think you hit it perfect! Frig water line shut off was behind a wall under sink. It was off, now on. Should have ice now. THANKS!!

FL-JOE

Could have another issue with the ice maker. When I turned the water on I could hear it filling with water. Problem was it kept filling!!!!I shut if off after a minute or two and when I opened the freezer my ice cube tray was completely full of water and it had ran down into the freezer compartment. Cleaned all that up and tried it again. This time I pushed the small "reset" ice make button that is up under there. No go, when the water is turned on it just keep running. Looks like an LG repair tech is in my future for this one.

Flick

Could have another issue with the ice maker. When I turned the water on I could hear it filling with water. Problem was it kept filling!!!!I shut if off after a minute or two and when I opened the freezer my ice cube tray was completely full of water and it had ran down into the freezer compartment. Cleaned all that up and tried it again. This time I pushed the small "reset" ice make button that is up under there. No go, when the water is turned on it just keep running. Looks like an LG repair tech is in my future for this one.

If you have access to the back off the fridge, you could simply check the water supply solenoid valve. It appears it’s stuck in the open position. If you can get to it, and that may be the hard part, you could try tapping it to see if you can unstick it. However, if it turns out to be the culprit, it needs to be replaced.

You may may want to try unplugging the fridge while the water is running to see if the water shuts off. Not totally sure whether hooking up the wires in reverse could reverse polarity. Just not sure on that. I’d have to try it to see. Someone may let us know.

danemayer

Sometimes the wiring and other information about the ice maker is stuck on the inside of the kick plate at the bottom of refrigerators. You might find helpful information there.

FL-JOE

Thanks guys, I’ll try those things and see what happens. I certainly would rather figure this out and not have to get an LG tech out here.

Got busy cleaning garage floor today and fixing closet doors up front. The slider hardware that attaches to the top of each door only had two little 3/4” screws holding them. One came off so I replaced with 1” course thread wood screws.

Still adding a couple shelves and adding hand bars on both screen doors, so I may not get back to ice maker for a few days.