New Road Warrior

Prodriver

Hi everyone, Wife and I recently purchased a 430RW. I joined the forum to meet fellow rvers and to learn about the Road Warrior from everyone. Of course the first question is which washer and dryer does everyone use. I've taken measurments and checked power outlet location. Looked for the best way to vent a dryer and even thought about removing the garage toilet and putting the dryer in there. There is only the wife and I and our 2 dogs so maybe the all in one will work. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

rhodies1

ELL not to rely

Hi everyone, Wife and I recently purchased a 430RW. I joined the forum to meet fellow rvers and to learn about the Road Warrior from everyone. Of course the first question is which washer and dryer does everyone use. I've taken measurments and checked power outlet location. Looked for the best way to vent a dryer and even thought about removing the garage toilet and putting the dryer in there. There is only the wife and I and our 2 dogs so maybe the all in one will work. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

I do not own a Road Warrior so cannot comment on unit except to say. Congrats and MAKE sure you double ,triple check where the dryer vent is supposed to be cut out.
There are a lot of people on the site who will tell you to not rely on the sticker on the wall.check before you cut.

Prodriver

ELL not to rely

I do not own a Road Warrior so cannot comment on unit except to say. Congrats and MAKE sure you double ,triple check where the dryer vent is supposed to be cut out.
There are a lot of people on the site who will tell you to not rely on the sticker on the wall.check before you cut.
It does not have a dryer vent cutout marked. Washer hook up is on an interior wall so I will probably go with a ventless. Thanks for the warning though.

DirtyMax88

It does not have a dryer vent cutout marked. Washer hook up is on an interior wall so I will probably go with a ventless. Thanks for the warning though.

I could be wrong, but I think the general consensus is to stay away from the ventless dryers, they just don't work well. Also, I believe the most popular models are the Splendide Ariston washer and dryer.

Flick

I wrote giving info on this same question a while back. My answer is my opinion and I also think that putting in w/d’s in an rv is kind of like politics, you’ll only get about 50% to agree with you, but here goes.

We installed a Splendide 7100 combo unit (ventless) that we are very happy with. However, we don’t full time and the true capabilities of the machine have to be learned. The unit has worked great and keeps up with all our wash needs. Small loads is the key. We don’t hesitate to take very large items to a washateria.

On the issue of the garage toilet, you will soon be very glad you have it. Referring to the toilet, I think that Heartland should have considered putting the door to the rear instead of like it is.

Enjoy your Road Warrior.

david-steph2018

Welcome to the group from Goodyear, Az., for now. We do not use an onboard washer/dryer, wife decided she wanted the storage space instead. With our Road Warrior the toilet is on the driver's side and the wall is not movable. We left the toilet in, but use the room for more storage than for use. Our washer outlets are on the wall in the passenger side corner and when we had the Morryde IS System installed they had to remove the drain line from the rear gray tank to the dump outlet to get the rear wheel suspension components installed.

rwdennis

i have the splendide (sp?) washer/dryer combo with a vent , my rw 429 came with a target as to where put the vent , i was warned here to check before cutting a 4 in hole in the side of my trailer , glad i did , if i cut where they said to it would have cut part way through a stud , cheap stud finder worked to show this , works good just kinda small and slow , but we are never in a hurry , we start a load go for a utv ride when we get home , its done uses a tablespoon of liquid soap .

Prodriver

Thank you everyone for the input and warm welcome. Hopefully after 5 months and numerous errors from the dealership we are picking our Roadwarrior up tomorrow. We went with the Splendide all in one ventless. Worst case we will run a load every night. If it doesn't fill our needs I will look deeper into finding a way to vent a dryer. We are due in South Dakota at the end of April and have so much to do to get it ready. Don't be surprised if I ask for more ideas soon.