Rollers under electric slides have screws backing out

bigdob24

I noticed on my 2018 BC 3560SS that just about all the screws fastening the rollers down are starting to back out. Only about an inch clearance and the are #2 square. I’ve got a small ratchet for extremely tight places ordered. I’m worried that I won’t be able turn them with this little device.
Don’t know why HL didn’t see this coming and maybe use something with a bolt head that could be tightened. It’s the little things that get me.
Anyone had this problem? I hope the ratchet will work and I will be using permanent thread lock if they move.
Will be contacting HL and discuss this with them and see what they say.
BD70B6486B-FEFD-4354-BCF1-CC638219AF79.jpeg

bigdob24

Got one very similar, tried to pick the best built one I could find.
I just hope it will be strong enough to get them to turn.
Will report back next week when I get it
Thanks
BD

Routemaster

You know what I did get into tight spaces, I found an old Allen key some were near the size and ground a square to fit the screw head worked well to tighten up the screws in the wardrobe doors track.
Den.

SLO

Not the best idea but, there’s always a small Channel Locks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigdob24

Actually an Allen wrench was my first thought and then found the thin ratchet and will try it first .
‘If it doesn’t work I’ve got a friend that can make something out of an Allen wrench as I’m on the road.
That tool that’s shown is way too big, there is only about an inch.
Channel locks would not be a good choice as the screw head is dome shaped.
If only HL could have seen this one coming and used bolt head fasteners than just a wrench would work in about ten min job.
Ill be talking with them too
BD

centerline

I wouldnt use the permanent thread locker... there is a green type that is like the blue, but its made to penetrate the threads after the fastener is tight... so it can be used anytime during.or after the repair...and if they aver need to be taken loose,itsamuch easier task, especially in a tight area/space...

bigdob24

The thin ratchet won’t work, too thick by about a .25”.
‘Heartland wasn’t much help either, they suggested the ratchet and if they didn’t tighten up then remove the inside trim and hyper extend the slide to get at them from inside , and warned me not to go to far as the slide will fall out. Right , I’m going to try that one.
Ive got a friend that’s using an Allen wrench to make a #2 driver that will work, fingers crossed.
‘Bolt head screws HL bolt head screws.
BD

wdk450

The thin ratchet won’t work, too thick by about a .25”.
‘Heartland wasn’t much help either, they suggested the ratchet and if they didn’t tighten up then remove the inside trim and hyper extend the slide to get at them from inside , and warned me not to go to far as the slide will fall out. Right , I’m going to try that one.
Ive got a friend that’s using an Allen wrench to make a #2 driver that will work, fingers crossed.
‘Bolt head screws HL bolt head screws.
BD

You may want to set up a bottle jack and some wood cribbing outside to connect with the slide metal frame and jack it up within the trailer side slide cutout, which is about 3 inches bigger vertically than the slide box itself. That's what I did when working on my refrigerator slide, 1 end jacked up at a time.

bigdob24

Just an update.
Cant find a ratchet thin enough to work.
‘Have a friend that made me a #2 driver wrench out of an Allen wrench that was narrow enough. Most seem to be broke off and won’t tighten down and some were installed at an angle and no way to get the wrench on them.
Called HL again and they won’t help but gave me a number of a place and they will do the work and it will cost around $600/ $1000 and they will put larger screws with bolt heads so I can keep them tight.
I reminded HL to redesign there build and use larger bolt head screws to save the next guy this trouble, I’m sure that will work😉
Thanks for all the advise
BD