Ideas to fix a Soft spot in floor of Landmark

I have a soft spot in kitchen floor of 2012 Landmark KeyLargo 5th wheel. Has anyone else had this problem and can offer ideas for the best way to go about fixing it?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Without seeing your floor it's kinda hard to make a diagnosis, but, I can offer what I found in my Bighorn.
When my rig was built they had to remove some of the laminated foam on the underside of the floor to run some plumbing.
It wasn't always a soft spot so I'm guessing that over time the floor was stressed and now it's soft.
I cut an access door in the coroplast, did a little measuring of the factory cutout and screwed and glued some support wood.
So now my floor is a little stronger but now it squeaks.:(
That's all I have to offer.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

If you have a kitchen island and the soft spot runs between the island and wall to the front of the island, it's likely the channel for the island drain pipe as Cookie described. Bracing it from the bottom is probably your only option.

If you have a kitchen island and the soft spot runs between the island and wall to the front of the island, it's likely the channel for the island drain pipe as Cookie described. Bracing it from the bottom is probably your only option.
Thanks for your response guys, hopefully I am typing this in the correct way, I’m new to the website and forums.
My soft floor is due to water coming in from cracked caulking on the rain gutter above the slide.
just in front of the fridge, looks like I must jack up the slide corner to slide new plywood in place?
any advice is welcome and appreciated. Barney