Rotted floor Bighorn 3685RL

Status
Not open for further replies.

gslabbert5119

So I have had this soft spot develop in my floor in front of the fridge and at the bottom of the stairs. I cut away the linoleum and found the wooden joints were completely saturated and rotted away. The osb was like mush. I had to cut away about 8ft of flooring and will have to remove the island to get to the last piece. :( I am so disappointed in my Bighorn, had nothing but issues with it from day 1, but that is another story.

Anyhow, I had to rip up the foam core, and now I need to purchase this stuff. its really dense and 2.5" thick. Is Heartland factory the only place that I can purchase it or is there an aftermarket source. ?

Once all of this has been fixed, I will need to find out where the water is coming from, I suspect that it is siphoning in from an exposed edge under the slideout, but not sure as of yet. The RV has been standing for 2 years so I would have expected it to be dry, but the wood was very wet, so it has to be coming from the outside somewhere. There is no damage to the slide or inside the cabinet under the fridge, so it does not seem that the water is coming from there.

Thanks

Gavin

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Sorry to hear this Gavin. Unsure where to get the foam other than Heartland but you may as well reach out to them to get some info (877-262-8032).

As for the source, keep following the water logged OSB until you get to an outside wall or other leak source.

david-steph2018

On our Road Warrior the water leak was from the cold water inlet on the water heater. Even though the water heater is on the opposite side of the steps it seeped to the drivers side due to the tilt in the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.