Washer and dryer specs.

Skychief

Any help would be appreciated,

We just set up our 2016 Big country fifth wheel that we just bought at the campground that we are going to be permanent campers at. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what they are doing for a washer/dryer setup in this unit? Where the hookup is at there seems to be limited space here (24" deep x 48" high x 60" wide) It seems like there is only such small ones available, almost like play things for children. Does anyone have any suggestions onto what they have done or what and who sells the largest washer/dryer unit that would fit in this model 3560s. It almost seems like a waste of time to install one if its going to be so small. I talked to one person that said her sister has a washer/dryer combo in here apartment but she already had the service repairman out twice in the past 12 months. If a person would give up up price for capability would it be wise to go with two washer/dryer combo's just to have bigger capacity if you would only use one for washing and one for drying. I would think a person would avoid a lot of problems by not switching the combo's from wash to dryer. Or has anyone done something different with their unit.

Thanks in advance

danemayer

We have Splendide stackables, which based on your measurements, would go side-by-side instead of stacked. We've had ours for 10 years and used it for long trips, including 16 months between houses. Capacity is smaller than what you can put into a residential washer or dryer, and drying takes much longer. But we just run laundry while doing something else, like watching TV. And we do laundry more frequently.

Keep in mind that residential dryers, while drying faster, usually require 240V AC to do so. While it's possible to do that in an RV, it requires re-wiring because the standard arrangement is for 120V AC.

Skychief

Thank you
We have Splendide stackables, which based on your measurements, would go side-by-side instead of stacked. We've had ours for 10 years and used it for long trips, including 16 months between houses. Capacity is smaller than what you can put into a residential washer or dryer, and drying takes much longer. But we just run laundry while doing something else, like watching TV. And we do laundry more frequently.

Keep in mind that residential dryers, while drying faster, usually require 240V AC to do so. While it's possible to do that in an RV, it requires re-wiring because the standard arrangement is for 120V AC.

Any help would be appreciated,

We just set up our 2016 Big country fifth wheel that we just bought at the campground that we are going to be permanent campers at. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what they are doing for a washer/dryer setup in this unit? Where the hookup is at there seems to be limited space here (24" deep x 48" high x 60" wide) It seems like there is only such small ones available, almost like play things for children. Does anyone have any suggestions onto what they have done or what and who sells the largest washer/dryer unit that would fit in this model 3560s. It almost seems like a waste of time to install one if its going to be so small. I talked to one person that said her sister has a washer/dryer combo in here apartment but she already had the service repairman out twice in the past 12 months. If a person would give up up price for capability would it be wise to go with two washer/dryer combo's just to have bigger capacity if you would only use one for washing and one for drying. I would think a person would avoid a lot of problems by not switching the combo's from wash to dryer. Or has anyone done something different with their unit.

Thanks in advance

Do not get a Splendide all in one, (machine wash and dries). It wrings your clothes in a knot, doesn't get them free of lint and hair and not very dry, which is good, cause I can dry the clothes on the bed and try to smooth out the wrinkles! I got it at camping World and worst $1000. I ever spent!