Sagging storage compartment.

wclark

My storage compartment is sagging. Had to put wood slates in to go home with supplies in storage. Feels like I only have rubber on the floor and it’s stretched. should there be lumber under the rubber? What’s the best way to check what’s going on. Frustrating to say the least. Update. Checked no wood under my rubber mat by the offside door. ?? How have people fixed this problem. No Warrenty...

danemayer

Are you the original owner? Water intrusion can rot the wood. Maybe a prior owner removed it to "fix" the problem.

wclark

Are you the original owner? Water intrusion can rot the wood. Maybe a prior owner removed it to "fix" the problem.

I am the original owner of this rig. Had to have the water lines replaced do to clamps not done right (leaking lines) but that was years ago. I do not want to tear the whole rubber floor out if possible??

centerline

I am the original owner of this rig. Had to have the water lines replaced do to clamps not done right (leaking lines) but that was years ago. I do not want to tear the whole rubber floor out if possible??

you only have 2 options.... tear it out and do a reconstruction on ALL the rotted wood... or just overlay it with 5/8" plywood sheeting and call it good until either something catastrophic happens or you decide to get it repaired as it should be... the tanks and every thing below is attached to the steel frame, so its highly unlikely for anything to fall thru and hit the ground, but the load will, sooner or later, be resting on the top of the tanks.....

if it were mine, my main concern would be how much other wood may be rotted and causing a loss of integration to where the wood was, and needs to be mechanically attached to the aluminum structure of the trailer, or where it was attached to the wood structure that isnt yet rotted...

wclark

you only have 2 options.... tear it out and do a reconstruction on ALL the rotted wood... or just overlay it with 5/8" plywood sheeting and call it good until either something catastrophic happens or you decide to get it repaired as it should be... the tanks and every thing below is attached to the steel frame, so its highly unlikely for anything to fall thru and hit the ground, but the load will, sooner or later, be resting on the top of the tanks.....

if it were mine, my main concern would be how much other wood may be rotted and causing a loss of integration to where the wood was, and needs to be mechanically attached to the aluminum structure of the trailer, or where it was attached to the wood structure that isnt yet rotted...

Would you happen to know where one could get the schematics of the storage compartment and how it comes apart?

centerline

Would you happen to know where one could get the schematics of the storage compartment and how it comes apart?
it isnt going to come apart like it was put together, so you are gonna have to wing it and modify at times.... the floors are the second thing that gets installed after the tanks and such, and everything after is built upward from the floor...

carl.swoyer

My 2012 Landmark has a sagging floor from day 1.
The factory open up the belly and installed some frame work from the underside. Still straight a firm

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Drop the coroplast under the drop frame area and get a look at the substructure. Depending on the extent of the damage, you may be able to install the cripples to the framing and then remove the rubber floor by cutting it along the perimeter to install plywood. Then reattach the rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Option 1
You can remove the forward wall and that rear wall where the vacuum is. This way you should be able to expose the forward edge of the rubber floor. Once you do that maybe you could pull it out from under the door edge. If you need to cut a relief do so behind the vacuum wall so it won't be visible after the repair is done.
Option 2
Try to do all the repairs from underneath. It's a big open space.

wclark

Option 1
You can remove the forward wall and that rear wall where the vacuum is. This way you should be able to expose the forward edge of the rubber floor. Once you do that maybe you could pull it out from under the door edge. If you need to cut a relief do so behind the vacuum wall so it won't be visible after the repair is done.
Option 2
Try to do all the repairs from underneath. It's a big open space.

well I know what my summer plans are going to be. Thanks for everyone’s input.