Campground availability forecast for July 2021

dpatrickr

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if we need to make reservations for our trip this July. We are going from Tucson AZ to South of Superior. Does it look to de a busy camping summer? Thanks

RickL

You may want to be a little more definitive as to where you are going. Superior? As that may help people providing information. Superior, Wisconsin?

Flick

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if we need to make reservations for our trip this July. We are going from Tucson AZ to South of Superior. Does it look to de a busy camping summer? Thanks

If you are just traveling and not concerned about where you will be tomorrow or the next day, then I would not make reservations.

However, if you have a very specific timetable with a very specific place to stay on a very specific date of arrival, I would definitely make reservations. Most, but not all, let you totally cancel without penalty and that is a better option than having problems finding lodging after you’ve been driving all day. Good luck and be safe.

wdk450

I worry that the new "Nomads" movie about the RV lifestyle may cause a fad rush on available RV sites. I would plan the trip all out, make reservations, and have some online RV campground apps at the ready in case of unplanned delays.

CoveredWagon

I worry that the new "Nomads" movie about the RV lifestyle may cause a fad rush on available RV sites. I would plan the trip all out, make reservations, and have some online RV campground apps at the ready in case of unplanned delays.

That is exactly what we saw last summer, if you'll,be traveling over a holiday you better have plans.

danemayer

Tiger Run Resort in Breckenridge, CO is completely booked and has been since about 3 days after the reservation system was opened over a month ago. Summer pricing is >$100/night. Book now.

david-steph2018

I would make reservations, we have reservations now out to New Years 2022. We do make reservation especially to areas that are huge tourist places, Orlando, Key West, Galveston, etc... You would hate to drive that distance and not be able to find a nice place to park.

JohnU

I would certainly plan on making reservations, if you still can. I’ve found campgrounds to be extremely full and booked out for MONTHS out here (I’m also in Tucson). We’re even finding that BLM and State Land Trust camping areas (dispersed, boondocking) are pretty full around here.

NYSUPstater

X3 on this.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Come down here to Yuma, AZ during the summer when it is hot and you'll have your choice of RV spots!

And there is lots to do in the summer here... :cool: