------------------------------
More information/details to follow.

Event Type
  1. Chapter Rally
Agenda
Thursday night - 6:00 PM - Snack Food meet and greet
Friday -
Offerings in the area:
Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, 20% discount coupon available.
Seven Sister Springs
For the adventurous there are Airboat Rides, Swimming with the Manatees (little early in the season for multiple Manatee groups).
Friday night dinner at a local restaurant of your choice. Here are some of the places we have visited BUT ALSO SEE the resturants recommended by one of our club members, Carl Swoyer, who lives in the area. Unfortunately Carl will not be in town during the rally. His post follows this post.
Waterfront Social $$$, Kane's Cattle Company $$, Charlies Fish House Restaurant $$ (they offer lunch special 11-3 for $9.99),
Katch Twenty-Two $$$$.
Plus probably another 150 offerings from Homosassa to Crystal River. This area is one of those locations that you could
eat 24 hours a day for the days you are there and never repeat.
Saturday Night - 6:00 PM Dinner in the Clubhouse. Fried Chicken, Sliced Ham, Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Baked Beans and Dessert all provided by the Florida Chapter. (Bring your own beverage)
Sunday morning 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Coffee and pastries by the Florida Chapter.
Attendee List
1. Jeff & Nora Hanna Oct. 20- Oct. 25
2. Dave & Carleen Belfi Oct. 20 - Oct. 25
3. Rick & Madeline Verity Oct. 20 - Oct. 26
4. Jeff & Jane Murphy Oct. 21 - Oct. 25
5. Henry & Martha Scott Oct. 20 - Oct. 25
6. Barbara Fields/Cynthia Kachik Oct. 21 - Oct. 24
Last edited:

carl.swoyer

We can't make it, but it's 20 minutes away from my house.
Places to go on the Halls river.
Crumps landing , live music Fri , Sat, Sun. Usually starting at noon. A tiki hut environment.
The Shed across the river from Crumps. If your at the shed Call Crumps they have a boat shuttle to bring you across the river.
Monkey Island bar.( A real monkey Island rescue)

Saw Grass another water front restaurant and they have a large pontoon for river tours.( same river)

South on us 19
Upper deck next to Rogers park.

Bayport Inn always excellent food. All you can eat shrimp and fish. Sunday open mic bring your dance shoes.

On Shoal line blvd,
The Lazy Lizard , don't know about the food but lots of turtles and a couple of alligators.

The Drunken Mullet great food. Sports bar. On the same canal as the lizard

Weeki Wachee Springs, if you want a beautiful canoe or kayak ride on the spring fed river. Brings you to the Upper Deck at Rogers park.

Right down the street from Rock Crusher head to Ozzello Key. Beautiful old Florida ride. Pecks Old Port Cove restaurant at the end of the road. Soft shell crab and blue crab.
Just over an hour south from the campground,
Tarpon springs a genuine greek community great food. Sponge docks and boat tours. And Miss Vicki's on the river. Excellent view and the best she crab soup. Reservation at Vicki's.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Have fun
56a3bac2dbe8ad51d0017d475a17c432.jpg
5a750cc578fac5908dd405820bbcea18.jpg
1640439765e42a825977ff951b0c50d8.jpg

fb6df6604c42437c9c789d3a8fba261b.jpg

354fc9d2ea072890cef5f32e05b41b6d.jpg
0f09f6fdd88f7ab3d31a316ec2bce832.jpg

Last edited:

Toccoatravelers

Looks like a nice park, but their website says they can only accommodate up to a 40 foot RV, is that on all sites? I sure hope not....we are 45 ft. 🙁

carl.swoyer

Looks like a nice park, but their website says they can only accommodate up to a 40 foot RV, is that on all sites? I sure hope not....we are 45 ft.
I believe that you won't have any problem getting in. Book in advance for a large site. My Landmark is 40' and I've never had a problem getting in and always had room to spare.

Jeff_Nora_Hanna

Florida Chapter Leaders
Looks like a nice park, but their website says they can only accommodate up to a 40 foot RV, is that on all sites? I sure hope not....we are 45 ft. 🙁

For some reason Sun RV cooperate office has chosen to keep their website max length to 40'. I have yet to stay at a Sun Park that wouldn't accommodate our 45ft rigs. Joyce, at Rock Crusher, and I have spoken about this length issue. In fact she brought it up to me and said though they have a mix of short/long sites we wouldn't have any problems for our rally.

carl.swoyer

For some reason Sun RV cooperate office has chosen to keep their website max length to 40'. I have yet to stay at a Sun Park that wouldn't accommodate our 45ft rigs. Joyce, at Rock Crusher, and I have spoken about this length issue. In fact she brought it up to me and said though they have a mix of short/long sites we wouldn't have any problems for our rally.
I've been there many times I don't really see a problem.

Jeff_Nora_Hanna

Florida Chapter Leaders
Thank you Carl for the terrific pictures and info about Crystal River. Your advice and input is appreciated I'm just sorry for the schedule conflict that you can't join us.

carl.swoyer

Thank you Carl for the terrific pictures and info about Crystal River. Your advice and input is appreciated I'm just sorry for the schedule conflict that you can't join us.
There's so much to do around here. Bay Port Inn on Sunday is always packed.
You can make a reservation for a large party and the food is always great. Speak to Melissa. Open mike is alot of fun. Dancing dancing and just great music. They also have River tours on the Crystal & Halls river. Manatees, Dolphin and alot of Eagles. The old Florida scenery is beautiful.

TandC

We will be there! Made our reservations today. Arriving 18 Oct and leaving 25 Oct. Site #176.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hwy1Run

Hi Jeff and Nora,
Cindy and I just booked with Joyce. We will arrive Oct. 20th and depart Oct. 27th. Joyce was not able to tell me a site #. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Kevin and Cindy Smith
HOC# 3653

Remastoy

Reservations made for the 20th-26th. see you all there. Site 177

Rick & Madeline with Skyy& Windy

Last edited:

MsLabMgr

How can we get a copy of the group photo taken at Saturday's dinner? BTW, we had a great time at the rally. Met some wonderful people and now have over a dozen new friends. Learned so much for everyone; all the tips and tricks you passed along to us - wonderful!! Thanks to all!!