Hail Storm Damage Advice

relic57

Hi All, Saturday we got hit pretty hard here in Gulf Shores Alabama. Baseball size hail. We have a 2017 Big Country 3450, besides all the air conditioner covers, vent covers, all the slide toppers ruined, my biggest worry is about the 100 or so impact craters in the roof. While the rubber roof seemed to stay intact, the plywood below is punched in where the hail hit. There all over the place. Looking for any advice, thoughts on whta, how i should deal with the insurance company on this. Thanks so much .
Dave
roof impact.jpghail stone.JPG

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just call your insurance agent, they will send out an adjuster to look at the damage.
Two years ago at the rally in Goshen a hail storm came through and there was a lot of damage. Adjusters came right to the campground.
TravelTiger had their roof replaced due to hail damage in Texas. I expect a reply here from Erica.

Peace
Dave

What park are you in, I’m at Anchors Aweigh in Foley.
We didn’t have any hail here, thank God.
We received 3 5/8” of rain in my rain gauge in 8 hrs.
Weather radio went off 6 times between 0200 and 0600 Saturday Morning.
Trailer got rocked pretty good a few times by the high winds.
We had a Bug Out Bag ready if we had to leave.
3 years ago at this time, a Tornado went through this park, 3 trailers flipped and a couple people went to the hospital.
March and April peak Tornado Months here.
Glad you were safe.

Hockster

david-steph2018

Hi All, Saturday we got hit pretty hard here in Gulf Shores Alabama. Baseball size hail. We have a 2017 Big Country 3450, besides all the air conditioner covers, vent covers, all the slide toppers ruined, my biggest worry is about the 100 or so impact craters in the roof. While the rubber roof seemed to stay intact, the plywood below is punched in where the hail hit. There all over the place. Looking for any advice, thoughts on whta, how i should deal with the insurance company on this. Thanks so much .
Dave

Sorry to hear about this. We are in Goodyear, Az. and our neighbor's wife came out yesterday. He works construction and is doing the new Microsoft building. She drove out after the storm. Yesterday evening she was telling us about that storm, she even said the hail was baseball size and showed us pictures of the hail in their yard.
Good luck on the repairs.

carl.swoyer

When the insurance company authorizes the roof replacement research RV FLEX ARMOR IN GREEN COVE SPRINGS FL.
Best roof ever, life time transferable warranty.
I have it on my Landmark. I had the sides color matched to the original color. They have franchise's all over the country. Worth the time to take it to them.https://rvroof.com/flexarmor-locati...fjEMoyqwj__yDGeTa9FNMUMaiCsX0_YkaAjb9EALw_wcB
8cec742568709d9c460c855037788e6a.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

relic57

Thanks for the replys, we are at Gulf shores state park, leave here tomorrow and head back north for estimates etc.
What park are you in, I’m at Anchors Aweigh in Foley.
We didn’t have any hail here, thank God.
We received 3 5/8” of rain in my rain gauge in 8 hrs.
Weather radio went off 6 times between 0200 and 0600 Saturday Morning.
Trailer got rocked pretty good a few times by the high winds.
We had a Bug Out Bag ready if we had to leave.
3 years ago at this time, a Tornado went through this park, 3 trailers flipped and a couple people went to the hospital.
March and April peak Tornado Months here.
Glad you were safe.

Hockster

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
As mentioned, we had half-dollar sized dings in our roof, Progressive issued an estimate (full replacement) based on my photos and a walking video of the roof. I talked to Dfwrvroof.com about FlexArmor. They looked at the same video, and gave us an estimate. It was slightly higher, but then they looked at the labor rate the insurance company was using and it was too low. No one does labor for $95 an hour in the metroplex. It’s at lest $125-$150. So DFWRvRoof negotiated with the insurance company to get it all covered.

Being fulltimers, not having my rig for a week was impossible for a traditional roof replacement. FlexArmor takes 3 days. They strip everything off or protect it properly, check everything for water damage or existing leaks, replace vents and fan covers with new, give you a new Tv antenna, completely cover the front and rear cap joints, remove all the old sealant around anything like ladders and skylights, and everything is sealed with this product that’s about the thickness of 3 quarters, stacked. Hail will literally bounce off after this roof is installed!

I highly HIGHLY recommend this product. ESPECIALLY if insurance is going to cover a new roof anyway. They love this stuff, because likely they won’t ever be dealing with another roof damage claim from you in the future!

cbe29897b06372eeffe7006e49a6876b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7148ae507b2570d873331b756d2c2afc.jpg

2d86d69808d17bd829a14cf7e41eda70.jpg