Purchasing a 2019 Cycline HD tomorrow, what are the first 3-5 things I should go through? It is lightly used with a lot of bells/whistles, I am new at the RV side of things, so looking for some direction.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flick

Purchasing a 2019 Cycline HD tomorrow, what are the first 3-5 things I should go through? It is lightly used with a lot of bells/whistles, I am new at the RV side of things, so looking for some direction.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations and enjoy. I would check......
1) tires
2) roof and windows for possible water entry problems including checking ramp door
3) do a battery test
4) run ac’s to check cooling
5) check water supply system including shower, toilets ,etc
6) check black and grey tank and become familiar
7) turn on propane and check propane appliances
8) to be continued by someone

FL-JOE

Here are a few other things I would check:
1. turn on all lights, including LEDs on any awnings.
2. run the awnings out and back in a couple times.
3. open and turn on any fantastic ceiling fans/vents.
4. test the operation of the stove top plus ignite the oven.
5. if the temperature is cool enough try to get the furnace to come on and run for at least 5 minutes.
6. run all a/c units, first on cool, wait 5 or 10 minutes then switch them to heat pump and run them for a couple minutes.
7. check all operations of the frig (ice maker if it has one, cooling, etc.)
8. tires, are they G rated, if so what psi are they set at (should be at least 100psi). Check for uneven wear or any type of damage.
9. crawl under and check psi of mounted spare (should have one).
10. ask for paperwork of when the wheel bearings were either greased or repacked.
11. test the selector switch in the wet bay to make sure it works (fill the fresh water tank).
12. set the wet bay selector switch to dry camp and test the water pump (if it keeps running with no tap open there is a leak).
13. use a water hose and spray the outside down like you would if you were washing it, then go inside and see if any windows leaked.

Good luck with your purchase!

JohnS625

Among all the other things posted add filling your holding tanks.
Monitor how much water goes in and verify that the level indicators are or are not correct.

danemayer

Among all the other things posted add filling your holding tanks.
Monitor how much water goes in and verify that the level indicators are or are not correct.

Tank level indicators are correct for about 5 minutes on a new trailer.

FL-JOE

I was thrilled when our tank monitors worked during the first 2 or 3 weeks of ownership. Now only 3 out of 5 actually read correctly. I have learned over the years not to use them anyway.

NYSUPstater

Assuming it has a generator, fire it up, but take a look at condition of oil in it 1st.

Last edited by a moderator: