Leveling system leak

After using the front stabilizers to transfer the trailer from truck to truck I noticed fluid coming off near the rear stairs. Looking underneath the atf fluid was coming off the bottom panel at the back every time I used the system. Think I have a cracked hose or broken clamp, where is the reservoir? Does the system need to be bled (like brakes) once fixed? Nothing like buying a vehicle and come out to repair work. Is there an online resource for this system? Thank you! 2019 Cyclone HD 4005.

danemayer

The reservoir is usually in the front compartment, or sometimes up front on the side. If leaking at the back while ONLY using the front landing jacks, that suggests fluid getting past the control valve that's probably located by the middle jacks.

I'd suggest you first check all the hose fittings on the side that's leaking to see if one is loose. While there, check for fluid around crimps as well.

If a jack is leaking internally, the jack itself will usually have fluid running down it.

There are quite a few Lippert manuals that can help you better understand the levelup system. Here's a link.

centerline

typically there is no need to bleed the system after repairing.... just work the jacks up and down a couple times before loading them, and they will self bleed....

I agree that a loose connection somewhere is the most likely issue...