AC compressor cycling not getting cold

Redrider007

I had an E-1 code and found a loose wire which solved that problem but I can hear the compressor kick on and off every 15 seconds or so and not running long enough to blow cold air. Fan blows continuously. Could it be a capacitor issue? Fan is not dirty!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It could be the start capacitor. We had this issue last week. Had one on hand, replaced it, works perfectly now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flick

I had an E-1 code and found a loose wire which solved that problem but I can hear the compressor kick on and off every 15 seconds or so and not running long enough to blow cold air. Fan blows continuously. Could it be a capacitor issue? Fan is not dirty!

I agree that it is highly likely that a capacitor could cause the problem by not allowing enough current to sustain running under load.

It also could be a faulty thermostat giving false readings to the compressor.

carl.swoyer

Check out the communication wire. Looks like a phone cord. Possibly a bit of corrosion (green stuff) . Check out both ends and while you are at it place some dielectric grease on the connection.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Redrider007

Check out the communication wire. Looks like a phone cord. Possibly a bit of corrosion (green stuff) . Check out both ends and while you are at it place some dielectric grease on the connection.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The capacitor was it! I had already bought one but then found a loose wire. I think the loose wire might have played a part in weakening the capacitor over time. Blowing nice and cold now!

Thanks everyone!!