Nylon Bushings After 45,000 KM

Squirlee

So this is what most of my bushings looked like after 45,000 KM. Some rough roads too including the Dempster. I actually think they did reasonably well considering it’s a piece of nylon. I have the wet bolts all installed now with bronze bushings. We will see how they perform compared to the nylon.

4983990D-2971-4440-BCC5-4D146AF57BD2.jpg

Attachments

• B70361CE-0A7E-42AB-983F-6D7B8946B4E4.jpg
    B70361CE-0A7E-42AB-983F-6D7B8946B4E4.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 35

Flick

So this is what most of my bushings looked like after 45,000 KM. Some rough roads too including the Dempster. I actually think they did reasonably well considering it’s a piece of nylon. I have the wet bolts all installed now with bronze bushings. We will see how they perform compared to the nylon.

View attachment 65416

Just a thought. You got very good service out of the original nylon bushings. They are meant to wear and be replaced under a typical maintenance program. Replacing with bronze bushings and greasing regularly will serve you well.

One mistake some make is that sometimes when greasing, grease will not enter due to a a clogged grease fitting or wet bolt. The mistake is when you don’t take it apart and drill out the clogged grease. Have a good one.

centerline

View attachment 65416

nylon bushings with wet bolts work well and last much longer also.... depending on the manufacture/quality of the bronze, they can be good or they can break up in the hole, so one really never knows what they have until they have seen the actual mileage they get from the particular bushings used...