Low heat production

ralent65

I have a 2016 Heartland Wilderness with an Atwood 30k furnace. The furnace does not produce a very high level of heat coming through the ducts. The fans work, the furnace ignites like it is supposed to and stays lit. I have replaced the regulator at the propane tanks, the regulator at the furnace
and the hi temp switch. The burner was clean and in good condition.
I am at a loss at this point. Any ideas?

danemayer

Hi ralent65,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you have your thermostat set for 70 (F), does the furnace ever shut off?

ralent65

Hi ralent65,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you have your thermostat set for 70 (F), does the furnace ever shut off?

I would have to say no, or it would take hours for it to raise the temperature in the unit even 10 degrees. If you hold your hand over the ducts the air is Lukewarm at best. Definitely not like it was when I bought it last year

danemayer

It sounds like the furnace is running on minimum propane. Just enough for the flame sensor to sense that ignition took place, but not producing much heat.

I'm not sure what you're talking about when you mention you replaced the regulator at the furnace. Is this regulator part of the furnace? Is it only for the furnace?

ralent65

It sounds like the furnace is running on minimum propane. Just enough for the flame sensor to sense that ignition took place, but not producing much heat.

I'm not sure what you're talking about when you mention you replaced the regulator at the furnace. Is this regulator part of the furnace? Is it only for the furnace?

There is a regulator at the propane tanks that drops pressure coming out of the bottles and then there is the gas flow valve that controls the flow into the burn chamber. Maybe I’m using the wrong terminology but it is the piece the gas line connects to at the furnace. The actual burner assembly/igniter attaches to it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Consider checking the flex heat ducts. Make sure they are securely connected at both the furnace plenum and the for register.
Also inspect the run for any rodent damage.

Peace
Dave