External outlets GFCI location for 2011 Graystone 33QS????

SRNolte

The external outlet to right side of main door worked last year. However when I plugged something in recently NO power! I don't see any tripped AC breakers & don't see a GFCI outlet for the external circuit. I checked Kitchen & Bathroom GFCI outlets and both are working.

Does anyone know where to look for a GFCI outlet for the external circuit? THANKS!!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to this great forum. Lots of great information to be found here.
The outside receptacles are normally tied in with the bathroom GFI. Did you reset the bathroom GFI? If it's working then you might want to pull the outside receptacle and check wires.
And don't rely on a visual when checking for tripped breakers. Turn them off then back on.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Some outlets on the doorside, up front, are switched from the inside to allow you to turn lights on and off without going outside.

SRNolte

Thanks Dave & Dane for your quick responses! :)

I DID trip/reset both Kitchen & Bathroom GFCI outlets. ;-) I was NOT aware external outlet might be on a switch, so I'll investigate that! There's also an external outlet by awning, but I didn't have ladder to check it. I also didn't check the outlet in utilities compartment if it has power, but it is NOT a GFCI outlet.

carl.swoyer

The one near the awning is the switched outlet that Dane was referring to.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk