2018 Heartland Fuel 335

Podge

Just bought this unit. Very lightly used. Everything seems to work. Am curious about potential issues with this unit. Is there anything specific I should keep my eye on? Is the stock suspension adequate? If not what is the recommended upgrade? Any comments or suggestion greatly appreciated. Thanks

david-steph2018

Congratulations on the purchase from Show Low, Arizona, for now. We have a 2018 Road Warrior and switched out our suspension to the MorRyde Independent Suspension.

Podge

Congratulations on the purchase from Show Low, Arizona, for now. We have a 2018 Road Warrior and switched out our suspension to the MorRyde Independent Suspension.

Thanks for the reply. Was thinking the same thing. Did you use the same hangers? What kind of dollars am I looking at? Did you do it yourself or get someone to do it? Thanks

sengli

The aftermarket moryde suspension system can only be had thru a factory install at moryde in elkhart indiana. You would need to make an appointment with them, and then take the coach there for the install. Seems as if the costs were 6-8K .

david-steph2018

Thanks for the reply. Was thinking the same thing. Did you use the same hangers? What kind of dollars am I looking at? Did you do it yourself or get someone to do it? Thanks

With the MorRyde Independent Suspension you do not have any springs or axles. MorRyde does the install at their factory in Elkhart, Ind.
You take your unit there and they measure the height, distance from the ground, distance from truck bed rails before they start.
Then they put it in the shop area and start taking everything off, wheels, springs, axles and spring hangars. Measure the unit and build the individual wheel assemblies. We dropped off on Tuesday afternoon @ 2pm, then picked up @ 12pm on Friday.
For our tri-axle Road Warrior it ran us right at $6500, just for the Independent Suspension. We had disc brakes installed at the Heartland National Rally in June 2019 by Performance Trailer Braking, so MorRyde used our disc brakes and reinstalled on the system. MorRyde can install new disc brakes during the process while there.
Between both upgrades we have around $10,250 into the suspension system now.

I know that these 2 upgrades are very costly, but they are both very beneficial and worth the cost to us.
If you want you can stay in your unit while they work on it, but you need to be out of it during the day, not allowed in the shop during work times. So they start at 6am, and they get you out at that time.

danemayer

At the 2019 North American Rally in Goshen, IN (next to Elkhart), MorRyde offered I.S. at a special price of $3,555 for a 7K tandem suspension, or $4,000 for an 8K tandem. They may offer a similar special at the next North American Rally, although that won't be this year.

jmarnell

We have an appointment at Morryde in Elkhart next week to get the independent suspension and disc brakes installed on our 2018 3 axle Cyclone. The price I was told would be a little over $11,000 for everything. Will be worth it before we head out on a big trip to Alaska next year. I contacted Morryde last November and this time in May is the earliest we could get in.

Last edited: