Is it possible to get a drawing for a specific heartland camper (new model) to know where the wires are routed?

marknewbill

Hello,
I have a new RE275 and during times of adding any devices, it would be good to know where the wires are routed, in case I wish to get a wire from the inside to the outside for example. with the covered belly, it is hard for me to guess where the wires are coming through the floor, or if they go through the ceiling, or how it is done.

thanks,
MN

danemayer

You could call Heartland Customer Service at (574) 262-8030 or (877) 262-8032. Have your VIN # ready. I've never heard of them giving out drawings showing how the electrical wiring is routed, but you never know. If you get a drawing, note that engineering may have drawn the diagram quite a while before someone in manufacturing installed the wires. There could be some differences.

jerryjay11

From past experience repairing wiring on a previous camper without the corrugated barrier used on newer rigs the main wire harness is routed from the bottom of the frame and each circuit for outlets, overhead fixtures, and accessories are routed from the main harness through the walls and to ceiling fixtures. On our RL250 we have now I have traced wires from the main harness through the openings of the barrier looking for an issue with a clearance light. I had to pull some of the barrier down and that's when I noted the wire for the interior ran from there and up the walls to each fixture inside. Maybe this will help.

dykesj11

They actually did send me all my drawings for BigHorn but it took three tries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro