washer/dryer

Deb

Deb
I did a search to read what everyone has written about a washer/dryer combo. My question wasn't answered there. So maybe someone that has a washer/dryer combo will answer my question. How easy is it to wash clothes in the closet when it is full of hanging clothes and stuff? Do you have to move the clothes out of the way? Or is there enough room, and it all functions very well. We haven't ordered a w/d yet - but I sure would like to have one.

Thanks,
Deb

Last edited:

BigBlue

BigBlue
If you're getting the Splendide w/d combination, it's front loading so you shouldn't need to move anything. You have to watchout for anylthing setting on top of the w/d because vibration could shake it off.

We had one on our Montana but didn't order it for our Landmark because we only used it once. The loads are very small and it takes about 2 to 3 hours to do a load. I would suggest if you have the room in the closet to get a stackable unit it will be more usable. You can wash and dry at the same time.

Paul & Nan

Had a combined washer/dryer in our motor home (Splendide)-it was not worth the effort. As stated above it takes forever to do a load of laundry, the vibration is awful, and your clothes get tied into knots. I would never have one of those things again. Quite honestly I would prefer an olfashioned washboard to that expensive piece of junk. If it looks like we can spend that much time in our rig again, (Bighorn 3500RL) I will opt for a normal sized washer that will fit the space and deal with drying however I can. Nan