Cable tv not working....Fixed

carl.swoyer

We haven't used cable tv in quite a few years.
Today we hook up for cable tv and no go.
Camp ground owner comes out test the post with a rechargeable " small tv tester" Cable at the post check out good , reconnect my coax cable to post check out the other end, check's good. Reconnect to the rv and disconnect the cable from the tv, no good no signal. So where does the coax run from the udc ? Up to the closet or under the belly to the tv .
2012 Landmark Rushmore.
Thank you for your input

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Bob.jr

Re: Cable tv not working

TV settings, set to cable/antenna.
Then hit auto search.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

danemayer

UDC to a barrel connector in the ceiling by the antenna crank. From there to the signal booster. From there to the basement. From there to the living room.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Problem fixed.
Testing the coax from the distribution center to the back of the antenna booster showed that there was no signal so I disconnected the wire and then I looked in the wall behind the closet with my inspection mirror and I saw another coax connected to nothing pulled it through and tested it again and it was the wire that was needed. Apparently when RV flex armor repaired and ran a new coax cable and they put a new antenna booster in and connected the shorted wire that they just replaced for the antenna instead of the coax wire for the cable.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk