2016. Cyclone 4200 side patio door problem

Storm1972

So I purchased this 2016 cyclone 4200 brand new in 2016, late last year I noticed the side patio floor becoming squishy, after a bunch of research I found others have had the same issue with water getting into the underlayment via the bolt holes. Of course this is out of warranty now, and isn’t covered under my extended warranty which is dumb. My question is this, the outer shell of fiberglass isn’t delaminates at all yet, it’s my understanding the guts of this patio floor is simply Hard foam sandwiched between a layer of some sort of cheap plywood veneer,( which I assume is rotted away causing the floor to be useless. Has anyone taken one of these apart and fixed it themselves ? And if so would a person be able to maybe replace the plywood that’s 1/8 inch with maybe lexan, or plexiglass ? Then reassemble and seal properly?
looking for some input from others that may have experienced this as I understand the door is very expensive. Please help with any ideas , I am not sure what else can be done the outer shell and inner black top are still good it’s just the inside has gotten water damaged making it unusable
thanks in advance for any ideas

david-steph2018

So I purchased this 2016 cyclone 4200 brand new in 2016, late last year I noticed the side patio floor becoming squishy, after a bunch of research I found others have had the same issue with water getting into the underlayment via the bolt holes. Of course this is out of warranty now, and isn’t covered under my extended warranty which is dumb. My question is this, the outer shell of fiberglass isn’t delaminates at all yet, it’s my understanding the guts of this patio floor is simply Hard foam sandwiched between a layer of some sort of cheap plywood veneer,( which I assume is rotted away causing the floor to be useless. Has anyone taken one of these apart and fixed it themselves ? And if so would a person be able to maybe replace the plywood that’s 1/8 inch with maybe lexan, or plexiglass ? Then reassemble and seal properly?
looking for some input from others that may have experienced this as I understand the door is very expensive. Please help with any ideas , I am not sure what else can be done the outer shell and inner black top are still good it’s just the inside has gotten water damaged making it unusable
thanks in advance for any ideas

First determine who manufacturer your door. There should be a sticker somewhere on the door. On our 2018 Road Warrior we have Challenger doors and these have Azdel instead of Luan wood. Heartland switched door manufacturers but I am not sure what year they did the switch. Some have rebuilt their doors, and have used marine grade plywood as a replacement material.
As a coating for the interior section I am going to recoat mine using Durbak this coming summer:
Durabak | Durabak (durabakcompany.com)

Go to this link:
Cyclone loading ramp failure (heartlandowners.org)
It may provide some information you'll need.

Storm1972

Ours is Lippert, still trying to work something out with the dealer, likely have to remove the door and take it in to have them rebuild it, I’m on a seasonal site and for me to take the whole trailer in and leave it simply won’t work, I was going to try and disassemble it myself at the camp ground but it looks like a bigger project then I figured .

QUOTE=david-steph2018;651282]First determine who manufacturer your door. There should be a sticker somewhere on the door. On our 2018 Road Warrior we have Challenger doors and these have Azdel instead of Luan wood. Heartland switched door manufacturers but I am not sure what year they did the switch. Some have rebuilt their doors, and have used marine grade plywood as a replacement material.
As a coating for the interior section I am going to recoat mine using Durbak this coming summer:
Durabak | Durabak (durabakcompany.com)[/QUOTE]

david-steph2018

Ours is Lippert, still trying to work something out with the dealer, likely have to remove the door and take it in to have them rebuild it, I’m on a seasonal site and for me to take the whole trailer in and leave it simply won’t work, I was going to try and disassemble it myself at the camp ground but it looks like a bigger project then I figured .

QUOTE=david-steph2018;651282]First determine who manufacturer your door. There should be a sticker somewhere on the door. On our 2018 Road Warrior we have Challenger doors and these have Azdel instead of Luan wood. Heartland switched door manufacturers but I am not sure what year they did the switch. Some have rebuilt their doors, and have used marine grade plywood as a replacement material.
Durabak | Durabak (durabakcompany.com)
[/QUOTE]

If you decide to replace instead of repair there are used doors out there. When we were in Goshen in October there are 2 places that have these for sale. One place is Bontragers in White pigeon, Mi. : Bontrager's Surplus – RV and Home Improvement Items (bontragers.com)
The second was Rainbow Variety in Goshen: Rainbow Variety And RV Surplus - Goshen, IN (rainbowvarietystore.com)
You may be able to find one there that is a Challenger made door.

Storm1972

Yeah likely not going to happen , would have to match paint and decals and all that stuff, plus I live in Alberta Canada

If you decide to replace instead of repair there are used doors out there. When we were in Goshen in October there are 2 places that have these for sale. One place is Bontragers in White pigeon, Mi. : Bontrager's Surplus – RV and Home Improvement Items (bontragers.com)
The second was Rainbow Variety in Goshen: Rainbow Variety And RV Surplus - Goshen, IN (rainbowvarietystore.com)
You may be able to find one there that is a Challenger made door.[/QUOTE]