Power King Towmax STR tires

Sandpirate69

Ok, I see everyone has had problems with this great tire. I just loaded my RW to the MAX, headed up North to my leased hunting property. I have very little use on my tires, since I purchased my rig in June of this year. I do see several RV shops along the way, so I will keep my eyes on my TST just in case.

robnmo

I guess we must be the exception to the rule. We've had the original Towmax tires on the Cyclone since delivery of Dec 2009, and we've probably got 10 to 20K miles on them without any problem, I just looked at them again after reading all this, no checkering of sidewalls, no uneven tread wear, etc. I will definitely put on a different brand when the time comes, but so far they have more than served the purpose without a problem. We do consistently ck pressure and adjust as needed, we treat the sidewalls with a UV protectant, and other than one Colorado and one Texas trip we try to maintain a 60 MPH speed limit. Maybe we just got lucky for a change.

wingfoot

I guess we must be the exception to the rule. We've had the original Towmax tires on the Cyclone since delivery of Dec 2009, and we've probably got 10 to 20K miles on them without any problem, I just looked at them again after reading all this, no checkering of sidewalls, no uneven tread wear, etc. I will definitely put on a different brand when the time comes, but so far they have more than served the purpose without a problem. We do consistently ck pressure and adjust as needed, we treat the sidewalls with a UV protectant, and other than one Colorado and one Texas trip we try to maintain a 60 MPH speed limit. Maybe we just got lucky for a change.

Keep something in mine. It's been my experience that a lot of forum post are from people that have had problems with a product. Now, I'm not saying this forum necessarily. Whether it's tires, trailers, dealer interface or anything else it seems like bad product experiences bring out the negative posting in people.

You just don't see a lot of post bragging about consumer's product experiences. If you have gone this far on your tires without a problem,and you indicated that you take care of them, you'll probably be alright..just keep an eye on them.

Good luck,

Larry

Last edited:

Sandpirate69

If you are looking for the stamp on the rim for Max PSI, I found one out of the 4 rims. It was located near the hub in the inside of the Rim. I guess the easiest way is to match your rim on the manufacturer or supplier. Here's the website: www. tredittire.com . If you plan on changing rims, best solution but expensive. Look at this website: www.trailertiresandwheels.com .

Good luck
Ivan

I just finished a 3300 mile round trip from MN to NC via Nashville on Towmax tires. I have a 2012 3185 and have balanced the tires and replaced valve stems with metal ones. The tires are E rated and max pressure is 80 psi. I am careful not to "curb" the tires and do a visual check for deformity or uneven wear at every fuel stop. Each morning I ensure they are inflated to 80 psi. I have had absolutely no problem with the tires. They have about 6000 miles on them so far this year. Believe me, when traveling with your spouse and HER parents across country, you do not want tire trouble. So far, all is well...