First Pa Chapter 2009 Rally

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Update (6/22/09)
The following is the list of members registed for the PA rally. There are still food options (signup what you are going to bring) for the potluck. Check the list, let us know what you like to bring and we will update as needed.

There is still food openings, send in the updates (we need more pies and cake!)

Name - Cheryl and Jim
Site - Q50
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Penne chicken and vodka sauce, pulled pork

Name - Chickie
Site - P40
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - ?

Name - Jamie, Ginger and Madison
Site - Q48
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Rigatoni, chips and dip

Name - Patty and Jon
Site - Q46
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Cheesy potatoes

Name - Bob & Denise
Site - Q58
Checking in - 14 Aug
Food - The Smoker with baby back ribs

Name - Bill, Jerry and Izzy
Site - Q52
Checking in - 10 Aug, Checking in early to visit with old friends in the area. Bill get the campfire started and warm up the pie irons
Food - Redskin potato salad, salad, dessert

Name - Dave
Site - Q54
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Bruschetta, caprese salad (I hope this comes with ice cream)

Name - John and Donna (smokeyfl)
Site - Q60
Checking in - 12 Aug
Food - BBQ chicken

Name - John and Debbie
Site - P15
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Stuffed cabbage

Name - Fred and daughter
Site - R22
Checking in - 14 Aug
Food - ???

Name - Jim Beletti
Site - P35
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Salad

Name - Sandy and Frank
Site - F76
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - ????

Name - Lynne and Dale
Site - Q44
Checking in - 14 Aug
Food - ????

Name - Greg and Beth
Site - P25
Checking in - 14 Aug
Food - ????

Name - Wayne, Quinn and taz
Site - J48
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Mac salad Chips fudge

Name - Joe and Tammy
Site - K35
Checking in - seasonal
Food - ?????

Name - Pat & Lena O’Brian
Site - Unknown in proximity
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - ????

Name - Gus & Deb
Site - I-58
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Dessert and Pie (now we are talking)

Name - Duane & Deb
Site - F-80
Checking in - 13 Aug
Food - Shrimp toast & dessert

IF there updates and corrections please send a PM to Us

It is time to setup the first Pa Chapter Rally. Let see a show of hands, who's in for a Rally. :)

The following is the contact information

So, here's where you all come in. Please give the campground a call no later than March 30th. (She would hold the sites and release them April 1...) so don't delay!!!! Tell her you want one of the HORST sites~ Jim and I will be there on Thurs the 13th (my birthday) so if you want to make it a 3 day w/e, just ask the lady.

As I said, the sites are in a nice loop and a few butt up near the woods and the stream...all full hook-ups with cable too.

Here is the phone # ...717-865-4602 or 1-800-562-5471

Let us know when you have secured your spot!!!

It's going to be a fun time!!!!:)

Cheryl and Jim

Last edited:

jnbhobe

Patti & I sould be able to make it. Lets figure out where and when then I'll know for sure. Jon ;) ;)

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Thanks Jon
It was nice talking with you last night. I have not heard from the other, I will keep everyone posted in the next few weeks. Hope to see you in the spring after the snow melt. Jim

Clark

PA Chapter

My wife and I would be interested in joining the PA chapter. We live in the Abbottstown area, between Gettysburg and York. Currently belong to a Maryland Good Sam chapter and are members of Thousand Trails / Outdoor World. Please keep us appraised of your rally plans as they unfold.

Clark

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you welcome non chapter members and depending on when the rally will be we might want to take a little trip. It's always fun to see friends and meet new ones. And always look forward to the traditional pot luck food.
Peace
Dave

bill40

Hi Jim
Jerry and I would be interested in the chapter and the rally. We live just a little north of Clark in Lake Meade. Please keep us in the loop on the dates. Thanks Bill

truknutt

Committed Member
Hey there to the fellow PA Chapter members,

Count us in!! Thanks to Jim H. for taking on this leadership role.

We're down here in Chambersburg (I-81, Exit 14). We're also new to the organized club thing so let us know what we can do to help out and we'll try our best.

Looking forward to venturing out and exploring more of the Keystone State.

Dave & Nona

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Pa Rally 8-14,16 2009

Thanks for all the responses. To move this to the next step, it appears that the month of August fits most schedules so as Pa Chapter Leader, I declare - the first Pa chapter rally of 2009 shall be on August 14, 15,16.

Now, location is the next step. I am open to ideas. Mid-central state would be great.

For the out of state folks, everyone is welcome so chime in if you have a enjoyable spot in Pa you like.

After we have a great location setup, we will get to the good part, the part I have been waiting for "food menu". Also, I will be delegating this part to Cheryl (my wife) since she does an excellent job planning parties! ;)

hertzberg

Hi Jim,

We'd also be interested in the chapter and rally (Downingtown PA). We'll keep the dates open. People tell me I make pretty good baby back ribs, so if it fits with Cheryl's plan I'll bring my smoker.

Bob and Denise

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
Hi Jim

We are here in Hanover PA close to Gettysburg PA . The date sound good to us. Just keep us post on a campground . The Pine Grove KOA is a nice campground to stay at .

dieselengineer

Charter Member
baby back ribs @ Pa rally

Hi Bob (hertzberg)
It is great to hear from you again. Yes, the sound of smoked baby back ribs is music to my ears. This will surely fit into the plan so don't leave the smoker at home, bring it along! Now I can't wait to go camping. :)

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We'd also be interested in joining the chapter and the Rally.(Somerset Pa.) If you wouldn't mind a North Trail in with all you fifth wheels. What about Hershey as a central location? We will keep the dates open. Let us know.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Jamie (jwalker) and Brunomisty

Thanks for your response, I hope we see you there. I haven't been at the Pine Grove KOA. I did place a call and the August date will work with them. The web site looks good. Anybody have more feedback / experience with this CG? If so, lets chat.

jnbhobe

Pine Grove looks nice. I'd like to see something closer to center state. But I'll go with the flow. Pinegrove is 350mi for me. JON :) :)

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
If you welcome non chapter members and depending on when the rally will be we might want to take a little trip. It's always fun to see friends and meet new ones. And always look forward to the traditional pot luck food.
Peace
Dave

Admit it, Bub...you're just in it for the food....me too!:cool:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I heard that there is a nice campground located in Hershey. I believe it is called Hershey Highmeadow campground. I have never been there but I heard it is nice. It also would be close to some attractions (HerseyPark, Gettysburg).

Is this the area of the state that we are looking at? Or are we looking more to the East or West?

There are several nice campgrounds located in the Alleghany Mountains near some attractions (Flight 93 memorial, Ski resorts, Frank Lloyd Wrights "Falling Waters", Ohiopyle waterfalls), but this is on the Western side of the state.

bill40

Hi Jim,
I think FlyFish4m just stayed at Pine Grove seemed to like it.We stayed there years ago when we were tenters and many years younger. Sounds like you are getting a good respones to the dates. Bill

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
I heard that there is a nice campground located in Hershey. I believe it is called Hershey Highmeadow campground. I have never been there but I heard it is nice. It also would be close to some attractions (HerseyPark, Gettysburg).

Is this the area of the state that we are looking at? Or are we looking more to the East or West?

There are several nice campgrounds located in the Alleghany Mountains near some attractions (Flight 93 memorial, Ski resorts, Frank Lloyd Wrights "Falling Waters", Ohiopyle waterfalls), but this is on the Western side of the state.

Hershey Highmeadow campground is nice . If you are in the back sites the fright trains keep you up at night . That the only thing we didn`t like about Hershey

dieselengineer

Charter Member
The Search Continues

We are also checking out Williamports South / Nittany Mtn KOA campground. This is more centrally located and easy to get there from route 80 or 15. Keep the feedback coming. Plan to have the location locked in the next few weeks. :)