Lied to yet again.... (Boat 'N RV)

creeper

I'm still frosted by the Lies told to me by Boat-N-RV Warehouse in Ridgeland S.C...

Not only did they abscond with my 50amp cord.
Not fix my leaking waste gates. (Which I fixed easily).
And a host of other lies.... They told me they fixed my TV... At first, contrary to fix listed on this forum, they said they called Jensen and the tech told them they would have to push a series of buttons to reprogram the TV to keep it from coming on. At first the refused because they didn't want to brick the TV... Then when they returned the RV they said the reprogrammed it.

Come to find out that was a total lie.. Our TV started coming on again this last trip so I called Jensen. REALLY NICE TECH people. They told me there was no such fix and he explained the whole problem and described the fix and will be sending out the black box as soon as I get additional info for them, the serial number or Revision number.....

I think I read that Heartland dropped Boat N RV from there dealer network, if that's true that a good thing. Truly the worst service ever.

medic9016

That really does not surprise me. Every time I have been in there since buying my North Trail, they have new people. My salesman was gone a week after buying my NT. The last time I took my NT for service, the service rep was gone when I called to find out what was going on with my trailer. The Camping World in Pooler now carries Heartland, have you thought of trying there.

PUG

Pug
Creeper;
My Jensen Tv was coming on at all times of the day or night too and I reported it to Jensen directly to get some action. I guess I was the very first one as it stumped them to start with. This was over a year ago. I had to take the TV off the mount and get them the serial and mod #. They sent out an electronic fix that I hooked to the TV and fixed. Been fine since.

rjr6150

If you talk with Jensen rep's there is a way to get the needed numbers without removing the TV. It's a series of buttons on the remote you push. They walked me though it much easier then taking the TV down

creeper

That really does not surprise me. Every time I have been in there since buying my North Trail, they have new people. My salesman was gone a week after buying my NT. The last time I took my NT for service, the service rep was gone when I called to find out what was going on with my trailer. The Camping World in Pooler now carries Heartland, have you thought of trying there.

I dealt with Terrance that lying little weasel. He should be fired. Truly the worst person to have there. Lies like crazy. His first response is , "It came in that way"...

I know about camping world in pooler. Going to see if I can bring it there.. It would be much easier for me to change out the motor and the sticky switch, but I doubt Heartland would send me one.

bill40

Creeper it makes no difference if it is SC or up here in PA. They are the same. There was a post a short whle back that stated they no longer were HL reps. I was lucky HL sent me too a dealer close to home. He was not happy doing the warranty work but did a very good job. I am waiting now too hear how Fred made out after he took his rig in to the same dealer. Bill

RnRCycloner

I'm still frosted by the Lies told to me by Boat-N-RV Warehouse in Ridgeland S.C...

Not only did they abscond with my 50amp cord.
Not fix my leaking waste gates. (Which I fixed easily).
And a host of other lies.... They told me they fixed my TV... At first, contrary to fix listed on this forum, they said they called Jensen and the tech told them they would have to push a series of buttons to reprogram the TV to keep it from coming on. At first the refused because they didn't want to brick the TV... Then when they returned the RV they said the reprogrammed it.

Come to find out that was a total lie.. Our TV started coming on again this last trip so I called Jensen. REALLY NICE TECH people. They told me there was no such fix and he explained the whole problem and described the fix and will be sending out the black box as soon as I get additional info for them, the serial number or Revision number.....

I think I read that Heartland dropped Boat N RV from there dealer network, if that's true that a good thing. Truly the worst service ever.

Wow, I hate to hear that. I bought my Cyclone 3950 Oct 2008 from Boat n RV in Rockwood TN.. Newly opened, still building there facility.. So far I've had good service..The walk thru was good and the items found that needed attention was taking care of.. I have had the unit back for bedroom and door side slide adjustments. Door side slide wasn't closing as tight as should and the bedroom slide was making excessive noise.. Problems solved, they had to get Heartland's permission to make repairs, but all went well.. I hope they continue the good service, it's a very convienent location.

fljlcw

if you can fix it yourself creeper call HL customer service and explain your situation they sent me A switch for the BR slide to us while we were out of town and I did the repairs myself

fred

Hudson

Boat N RV in Ridgeland

We had a couple of problems with our Big Country and took it to Boat N RV in Ridgeland at the recommendation of the factory. We knew we were going to Disney for a few weeks. We made an appointment with Boat N RV to look at the problem on our way south. We prearranged for an examination visit and then on our way back north we'd stop in to have the repairs actually applied.

On the southbound trip we arrived at our appointed time. We were on the road about three hours later, as promised. Boat N RV told us what they needed to do, that it would take a half of a day, and that they would get the parts from Heartland. In fact, they fixed one of the problems while they had it in the bay for the examination.

We did not contact Boat N RV at any time while we were at Disney. On the northbound trip we stopped at Boat N RV. We had already made an appointment for the following day and they put us up on E/W hookups inside the protected area overnight. The next day they fixed the trailer, as promised and within the time frame promised.

I know that many people may have had bad experiences with Boat N RV. But they (and Heartland) handled our issues efficiently and within promised timeframes.

I'm not saying that Boat N RV is the exemplary dealer, but I do know it is human nature to post horror stories more often than pleasant experiences. I had a good experience both with the factory and with Boat N RV and I just wanted to share that whether it is an anomaly or not. This happened about a year ago if it matters.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hudson, Thanks for your positive feedback. It's nice to hear good news. I know there have been several and maybe too many owners that have had troubles with service facilities or even Heartland but I think overall, the majority has had better experiences. I feel for those that have had problems and wish it were different. Travel Safe.

creeper

I'm not saying that Boat N RV is the exemplary dealer, but I do know it is human nature to post horror stories more often than pleasant experiences. I had a good experience both with the factory and with Boat N RV and I just wanted to share that whether it is an anomaly or not. This happened about a year ago if it matters.

It certainly matters, Boat N RV was pretty new at that point and well before all the defections.

My problem is that Boat N RV FLAT OUT LIED. CAUGHT RED HANDED. They charged the factory for repairs they never did.

They were supposed to fix my leaking waste water. NEVER EVEN OPENED THE BOTTOM. How do I know this you ask, well the bolts were rusted solid and broke when I removed them.

Took me less than a half an hour to fix my leaky waste water.

Said they fixed my TV, NOPE I fixed it and they charged the factory for it.

Plus they stole my 50 amp cord... Guy in service told me he only saw a 30 amp cord and they use there own cords. Well what was he doing in that bay? He had no reason to be in that bay looking at my cords.

They didn't even know how to fix one of my problems. When I educated them, they ordered a whole bunch of Lamaplast kits to keep in stock, because they fixed the problem incorrectly by painting it.

FYI, Boat N RV is no longer a Heartland Dealer. Not that you could order the coach you want from them even when they were.

Last edited:

lelandpa

I have a similiar experience to add to this thread. We recently bought an 09 North Trail used from Boat N RV in PA, when the service guy took us for our demo there were several things wrong, most of them minor that he fixed right away. However there was a water leak coming from what appeared to be the outside shower, he replaced an O ring and told us to keep an eye on it. The next evening we hooked up the hose and low and behold about a half hour later, water was pouring out from underneath the fifth wheel. I put several calls in to Boat N RV and no one ever responded. Four days, countless phone calls and several emails later and still no response. I was completely blown off by almost everyone in the place. Finally we hooked up to the fifth wheel and dropped it off in front of thier doors. Its still there, and guess what?!! Still no return phone call from Boat N RV. I'm pretty sure this leak is something minor, but please don't give me the cold shoulder after I have just spent a small fortune there.

GETnBYE

I totally feel your pain. When they have your stuff you feel like you have no control and have to just accept what they say only to find out later that it's not true. There should be a way for us(campers who have had service) to rate them with Heartland about how we are treated. It might not help, but it might make us feel just a bit better to know we have someone to tell. Best of luck with future service, If I ever get my unit back it will probably NEVER GO INTO A SHOP AGAIN, unless the 4 walls won't stay up.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I totally feel your pain. When they have your stuff you feel like you have no control and have to just accept what they say only to find out later that it's not true. There should be a way for us(campers who have had service) to rate them with Heartland about how we are treated. It might not help, but it might make us feel just a bit better to know we have someone to tell. Best of luck with future service, If I ever get my unit back it will probably NEVER GO INTO A SHOP AGAIN, unless the 4 walls won't stay up.

Actually there is. It is called a CSI rating. Contact Bryan (BC product manager) I believe he will interested in your experience. Check out the following link. Read Bryan's post #4.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=9262&highlight=terrytown

Last edited: