M18 Edge Trailer

We saw the Edge M18 at the Denver RV show last week and really liked the trailer.

Suggestion for improving trailer layout: the bathroom shower is really small, suggest that you eliminate the sink in the bathroom and make the shower larger. A trailer this size can get by with one sink. :)

M

Mcreech

Thanks for the reply.....The problem that we have at the factory is trying to build the perfect camper......I've been trying for 12 years now and there is always something that someone would rather have in the trailer.....We the people of the USA have such original likings that for everyone that wants a bigger shower in the bathroom, I would have just as many people that said they don't want to brush their teeth inthe living room or that they need that sink to wash their hands after using the bathroom.....again, I understand you and I hope you end up buying an EDGE because they are great little trailers....

Mike C

maryj

We have a m18, trying to climb behind the table to sit on the couch is a little tricky. Maybe if the table was a little shorter on the ends to make for easier slide into the couch.

RonBB

I am considering an M 18. Does the A/C unit in the Edge include an electric heat strip in addition to the Edge propane furnance? The brochure & Website are silent on a few details such as this. I am sure other potential buyers would be interested in any other unmentioned info/details and would appreciate learning about them as well. Thanks much in advance for any other thoughts/Comments. Ron

Larry77

No but you can add one pretty easy I hear...I don't know why you would need it though. The furnace puts out a ton of heat and the A/C only works when you are hooked up to power, where the furnace will work off the battery and propane.

RonBB

I just thought that it might be nice to use only electricity for heat if it wasn't too chilly outside. My wife does this in the living quarters of her horse trailer on ocassion. Thanks again Larry.

RonBB

Just a quick followup. My Dealer was going to add the heat strip to the M 18 A/C unit. I was told that he contacted the A/C manufacturer & was told that a heat strip is not available for that particular A/C unit.

Larry77

That's strange since there is settings on it for heat...If you really want it maybe you should contact the manufacturer yourself eh? I guess I'm not as trusting as some.

M

Mcreech

According to Domectic, the A/C in the Edge has a plug built in for adding a heat strip.....So i'm not sure what dealer told you that.....

kravchuck

heating strips for the M18

We have the M21 and use a $20 electric heater from Wal-Mart to heat our Edge. It works great! Personally I wouldn't go to the trouble of installing heating strips.

RonBB

I contacted the Dometic Customer Service. They confirmed that the unit in the Edge M18 is not designed for the strip heater and they do not offer one. I pointed out that there was a "Heat" position on the controls and it was said that was because that portion of the unit is also used on other A/C models.